Angry golfer

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

Are you an angry golfer or do you just shrug your shoulders and hit the next shot?

AliMc

Visit site
Used to get angry at times but much more relaxed about it now, don't see much point in getting angry doesn't make me play any better

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Shrug the shoulders and get on. I might have the occasional 2 second inward seeth if I miss a really bad putt but generally I am pretty mellow about bad shots

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I only got angry on a sports field once when playing rugby with my brother on Boxing Day. We rarely played in the same team but there was only one team put out on Boxing Day. He had been winning every ball at 2 in the line out in the first half and his opponent had had enough on the first line out of the second half when he lost another and belted my brother. I was the first one to him from 4.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My Grandfathers advice was ' you lose the heid and you lose the game' @1958
My Uncles advice was 'make sure that you never hit two bad shots in a row' @1964

When I was a decent player I was more determined than angry after a bad shot.
Stood me well as I had very few meltdowns......steady Eddie was more my style.

D

Deleted member 15344

Nah - have the odd swear every now and then but don’t Chuck clubs or any of that stuff - it’s certainly not that big of an issue when it doesn’t put the bread on the table.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am prone to the odd curse or two but never as far as a 50 yard wedge after the ball has landed. Normally over it by the time I am putting the club back in the bag. I often take it completely out of the system on the next tee shot.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I may swear on occasion but mainly out of frustration. I'm definitely one for laughing at myself (and my partners for that matter) and then swiftly moving on. I do this for fun not for money so get over yourself.