Angry golfer

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Mandofred

Visit site
Less anger than I used to have.....always had trouble keeping it in check. Like others, I swear more than I should.....but jumping up and down like Yosemite Sam irritates some people. If the round has gone completely kaput with no real hope of recovery I go into "give up" mode....stop caring how I do and maybe just work on fixing one thing by the rounds end. Giving up kind of pours cold water on the anger. Everybody handles it differently. I play occasionally with people who regularly play poorly....and they never blink an eye. They are out for the social aspect more than the playing part. I'm interested in playing well (for me).....that's my goal when I step on to the course, the social side of things is just a nice addition to the day.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never anger.
But have been known to have a word with myself.
But there is a line a yard away and once over that it’s over and done with.
Slow play now that’s another story.:mad:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to be pretty bad for it. Get the right hump and be sulking for two or three holes after a bad one. Eventually I realised how stupid it is and how I was letting one bad hole turn into two or three more bad holes on top. I read Golf Is Not A Game Of Perfect and found it really helpful - as well as watching Golf Sidekick on YouTube who preaches the same stuff. Then I calmed down. I still swear my head off at a bad shot, but I find that much better than bottling it up - however I now get it all out of my system and then laugh it off before I get to my ball for the next shot. And I play much better golf that way.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I used to let a bad hole ruin my round which would occasionally boil over into a little bitchy club toss. I think it was due to delusions of grandeur with regards to my own ability, whereas now I've accepted I'm going to hit bad shots and that occasionally I'll compound them with another.

Nowadays if I have a bad hole I'm much better at leaving it on the green and not taking it to the next tee. Also a bit wiser with course management and taking my medicine rather than trying to recover with a 230yd shot out of some trees.

To be clear, I only ever got really angry with close mates (who have seen me mellow out from a borderline psychopath as a teenager) and once they've had a laugh at me it usually brings me back to earth. I'd never dream of doing it with new playing partners.

D

Deleted member 21445

i used to be very angry but I like to think ive got wiser with age, 50 in a couple of weeks :eek:

I approach my rounds of golf now with the attitude of a great score will be the bonus of the day and not the be all end all as it was in the past.

Play with good company, have a valuable 4-5 hours for my own enjoyment away from work and family stuff, that is always a great day.
If the scorecard is a good read then its a stellar day..

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Probably was when I was starting but now bad shots will get a sarcastic "yeah good shot Ben" followed by me laughing.
The one brother is Mr Angry on the golf course so don't play with him that often now.
Playing Sion in Switzerland with him once when having missed a short putt he launched his putter towards the next tee where it hit the concrete plinth and putter head came off and bounced into the adjacent canal ??

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah I can get pretty mad at times. I don’t (think ?) i do it in front of people I don’t know well enough.

to be fair tho, I am the unluckiest golfer ever ? an I play with stu c a fair bit, so I’ve plenty to bitch about

No more tho, that pxg driver is far too pretty to hurtle into the trees

birdyhunter

Visit site
I used to get really annnoyed with a bit of swearing, grumpiness, etc. But now regularly play with a proper club thrower, sulker, after a bad hole he won't talk till he's had a good hole... and I think what a total throbber, I don't want to be like that.

Mandofred

Visit site
But......while I lose my temper/sulk at times..... I really find it annoying when people say "good shot" as soon as you hit it.....while you know it's a horrible shot and is heading for the trees. I know very few people who don't get angry about something on the course. There is a old guy I've played with quite a few times.....hopeless about walking over your line, putting his trolley in the worst place etc. A number of people won't play with him because of this.....he's a nice guy, just kind of out of it. Golfers are weird....including me.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am, havent lobbed a club for a while but it jas been known in the past. I'm not a sulker though, i cant stand people sulking. For me its a quick release of emotion and then its gone and back to normal. Until the next bad shot:ROFLMAO:

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m chilled with my game. I had a few golf psychology lessons and learnt not to give a hoot.
Slow play though - absolutely livid and the worse of me appears.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Used to be really bad. I've calmed down a little now. Instead of throwing clubs, I've learnt to "lob" them gently.
Can let the odd expletive go, but it's only ever directed at myself.
I've apologised to Leftie quite a few times over the years because I know he doesn't like bad language.
Sorry Rog.
:censored::censored::censored::censored: