Angry golfer

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
A golf course is where I am most relaxed.

Things do change if it’s a serious competition, not a weekly medal etc, there it’s all about channeling emotion correctly and that takes practice.

But mostly I might let out the odd sigh or “gosh darn it” if I am really mad.

evemccc

Visit site
We all get frustrated at our poor shots from time to time, but I save my anger for things that are really deserving of it - which are always outside of golf (my time for enjoyment) and not when I'm meant to be enjoying life. In fact I find it quite uncomfortable playing with people who are overtly angry. Who likes spending their precious free time with grown adults who throw tantrums?

There's a guy from work I desperately try and avoid playing with, mostly because he tells me how competitive he is and how angry he gets when he hits a bad shot...he says it with almost pride "yeah I've broken two clubs whilst on the course"....?!?

I had a brilliant 36 holes at Siloth on a sunny day this autumn. On the first 18 I was behind 3 men who appeared to be pretty good golfers, but couldn't tee-off on each hole without at least two of them shouting the usual loud F-bombs at the tops of their voices at a not perfect tee-shot. After 7 or 8 holes I let two groups play through as I didn't want to hear that all day...Seriously, if you're annoyed at the humps and ridges on a fairway, and how a bad bounce can affect things, then don't play links golf specifically, and maybe not golf at all!
And if you are an angry golfer, then keep it to yourself or the earshot of your group only. The whole course doesn't want to hear it...

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
In fact I find it quite uncomfortable playing with people who are overtly angry..
I agree, whilst @Captainron is genuinely a really nice fella........ oh, hang on..... :giggle::giggle::giggle:

I had a long time served with a mate who literally moaned about every single shot he hit, you'd think he was considering himself a tour-pro. It made rounds so tedious when they could have been great days out.

I only hate one aspect of the game, that proper does my head in....

When I mess up the first hole!!!!

I hate that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many times I just want to walk back to the first tee and forget about the blob/triple bogey/insert big numbers here/ that I just started with knowing all too well that it won't make a difference as I would KNOW that I'd already messed up.

I don't really get angry, I have only ever chucked one club and that was only for laughs with fellow forumers around me. If I play bad I am normally bubbling inside but I know it's only a game.... however we all want to look like we can actually play the game at times :LOL:

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Na, I’m zen. Not to say I don’t get disappointed with myself if I do something stupid but angry, throw club, slam club etc never.

However, if the group ahead are lumbering about, not looking back and with a clear track ahead of them I have to work really hard to stop myself from killing them. Killing them all.

Deep breaths. I’m zen.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Did bring a Ping driver down at speed onto a tee marker cost me a new shaft/still to get head repainted)!
What was worse was the pitying looks from the other 3.
Now try to settle for the odd expletive-quietly
Talk about the grapevine though....that night got texts from captain+bestie asking if I could advise them on shafts for clubs as they were thinking of changing(very effing funny-not)
Jimbo

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Going by his aiming with the “5” putts the hole before I’m going to say it was more luck than judgment that he managed to hit something ?

Nothing wrong with the aim on the putts, it was all down to direction but sorted that with the driver ??