Andy Murray

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Shame, he simply didn't play that well. Never mind, he may or may not end up winning a grand slam but he's still the best Britain has produced in the professional era. Twice the player Henman was for sure.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Andy Murray ... Britain's finest Gents Tennis semi-finalist ... one for sorrow

Should at least cheers up all the haters on here

Murrays "I'll be supporting anyone but England" comment on the World Cup a few years ago hasnt helped him win supporters south of the border.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Andy Murray ... Britain's finest Gents Tennis semi-finalist ... one for sorrow

Should at least cheers up all the haters on here

Murrays "I'll be supporting anyone but England" comment on the World Cup a few years ago hasnt helped him win supporters south of the border.

That includes me, i still think hes a tosser!

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

Naw but it has endeared him to us up here....I wouldn't think Britains greatest modern era tennis player will lose any sleep over some morris dancers not wishing him to win.

He was sh1te today by the way,kinda Henmanesque,the only difference being he produced his sh1te in a final.

S

Snelly

Naw but it has endeared him to us up here....I wouldn't think Britains greatest modern era tennis player will lose any sleep over some morris dancers not wishing him to win.

He was sh1te today by the way,kinda Henmanesque,the only difference being he produced his sh1te in a final.

Whatever. Still sh1te.

I will never support him. He is an anti-English charisma vacuum.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site

Whatever. Still sh1te.

I will never support him. He is an anti-English charisma vacuum.

Yeah rise above it Snelly, thats the way.

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
He's not good enough to win a slam, end of. In tennis terms he's coming to the end of his best years. I'm sure people will celebrate him losing in a final, but the end of the day he lost and he's a loser

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
He's not good enough to win a slam, end of. In tennis terms he's coming to the end of his best years.

He's only 23 so I reckon there is at least 3-5 good years (injuries permitting) in him. Let's be honest he's already surpassed Henman and reached three grand slam finals and much like Westwood in golf, surely if he keeps knocking on the door he'll get a win. I do think he didn't really turn up today and from the 5 deuce game on his first serve he never really fired. A shame as it was a good opportunity.

Screwback

Tour Rookie
Visit site
He's not good enough to win a slam, end of. In tennis terms he's coming to the end of his best years. I'm sure people will celebrate him losing in a final, but the end of the day he lost and he's a loser

23 and past his best? did you re read your post. have a word with yourself hes got plenty of years in him.

He got beat today becasue his opponent played better than him. He will have other chances regardless of what people on here say the best in the world say he will have chances so thats good enough for me.

Visit site
I take it that you have heard that his 'anyone but England' was a retort to a reporter being smart? Asking 'who will you be supporting since Scotland have failed to qualify... again?'. Of course the reporter failed to mention how he asked the question.

Just as well he didn't support England though.. he would have been a bit p'd off......

:)

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site

23 and past his best? did you re read your post. have a word with yourself hes got plenty of years in him.

He got beat today becasue his opponent played better than him. He will have other chances regardless of what people on here say the best in the world say he will have chances so thats good enough for me.

In tennis terms 23 is old. Djokovic, Nadal, Federer had old won slams younger than that, if you're not good enough before 23 you're not going to be after 23. Either the old guard who are better than you will still be around, or the younger generation who are better than you will be coming through. He hasn't come close to winning in any of the finals he's been in.