Andy Murray

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hope he wins the final. Never understood why some Brits don't support British players,teams etc. First ever club final i can remember was European Cup final Celtic, Milan in 1967, and i was a Celtic supporter that day. Reading must have got knocked out in an earlier round. :D

Let's be frank, we all supported them as well as Scotland against Holland in the world cup in (i think) 1974. The problem was later when it became obvious that if England were playing Kuala Lumpur veterans 3rd eleven, the Scots would all be buying Kuala Lumpur shirts - we didn't start this!

Chris

link80

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He would be a shoe-in for it if he wins.

Never really understood why it's called the Sport Personality of the Year. Much better being called Sports Achievement of the Year.

Because then it would be open to more debate. Did Macoy achieve more than Mcdowell or Westwood last year, and did Giggs achieve more than Jenson Button the year before. By calling it personality it doesn't matter who's achievement was greater, it's who appealed to the public more.
Back to the tennis, COME ON TIM, sorry I mean ANDY.

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
Andy won today despite playing poorly. Djokovic will eat him for breakfast if he plays that badly on Sunday.

Current odds are around 4/6 for Djokovic, 11/10 for Murray so the Serb is a decent favourite.

Andy needs to serve well and keep his head screwed on and play at his best on Sunday.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Andy won today despite playing poorly. Djokovic will eat him for breakfast if he plays that badly on Sunday.

Current odds are around 4/6 for Djokovic, 11/10 for Murray so the Serb is a decent favourite.

Andy needs to serve well and keep his head screwed on and play at his best on Sunday.

They haven't played each other for a while, but i think Murray has a good record over Djokovic, including some Masters finals.He seems to be able to mess with his head ;)

B

birdieman

If the serve holds up he has a good chance.

I quite like the fact he is media unfriendly, there is way too much media analysis of sports people, let's just watch the sport and not expect them to be celebrities.

Borg never smiled or said anything his whole career but the UK public couldn't get enough of him. Tiger Woods didn't/doesn't either and folks love him too.

Murray just needs to do his talking on the court.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the serve holds up he has a good chance.

I quite like the fact he is media unfriendly, there is way too much media analysis of sports people, let's just watch the sport and not expect them to be celebrities.

Borg never smiled or said anything his whole career but the UK public couldn't get enough of him. Tiger Woods didn't/doesn't either and folks love him too.

Murray just needs to do his talking on the court.

I couldn't agree more with all the above.

It always amazes me how people expect top sportspeople to be the nice guy or girl for that matter. They've got to the top by being single minded and dedicated to their sport. Something ordinary folk just can't do, and I include myself in that. I think it's also sometimes forgotten how many hours and hours of practice they put in.
Watching the golf today and one of the commentators said that Darren Clarke has a putting drill of hitting 100 4ft putts. To be able to keep concentration for that must take a lot of dedication.

Anyway, I wish him well and hope he does it, and also think if he gets his first serve in consistently he has a good chance.

Golfmmad.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Surely his best chance yet? I hope he can do it because whatever the rights and wrongs of his persona in the media, he's produced more in the last 3 years than Henman and Rudseski did combined and that has to be good for the sport

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I dont care about his 'personality' at all, or the fact he's said some stupid stuff in the past, the fact is he's a born fighter on the tennis court, and one with a considerable talent, and I'll support him whenever he plays.

Its good to see someone from Britain doing well in tennis, and if it werent for him, I probably wouldnt watch it, so his value to British Tennis as a whole is enormous.

Good luck to him, I hope he wins, and I feel it could be a platform to lots more success if he does.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
I will always support any British sportsperson playing against a non Brit.

It doesn't concern me if they or their countrymen hate English teams or players just for the sake of it.

C'mon Murray.

Bunkers

Head Pro
Visit site
Final time.....

Who's your money then guys?

My heart says Murray but head says Djokovic...think the pressure migh get to Andy unfortunately.

Still, i've popped a tenner on Andy

BROOKIE

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I realley want AM to win,just to see a gingerbread jock,
climbing up the stadium seats to hug his proud mother who
breaks out in tears the moment Andy embraces her,the poor old jocks are so desperate to win something their even
supporting Tennis..what next..curling,fife robertson would be soo proud

Visit site
I realley want AM to win,just to see a gingerbread jock,
climbing up the stadium seats to hug his proud mother who
breaks out in tears the moment Andy embraces her,the poor old jocks are so desperate to win something their even
supporting Tennis..what next..curling,fife robertson would be soo proud

Do you always talk such crap? Or do you wait for it to be about a 'gingerbread jock'(whatever the hell that is), to unleash your poor spelling and punctuation?