And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

Well if everyone else is doing it, may as well just let him off then.

In what way is Stu saying that ?!

It's quite clear that Stu is just saying that a number of people drive the next day thinking they are under the limit then they actually aren't - but nowhere was he suggesting anything about being let off !

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
My response re Sakho was to papas' point as I've quoted.

You raise a fair point re sakho and his many stances. Personally though I'd still be expecting my club to offer more than just a slap on the wrists. But I'm sensible enough to know that there's more chance of a squad player getting scolded than first team regular. Football is business first and foremost.

D

Deleted member 15344

Be interesting to see if the moral code they used against sakho is as strong as when put against a first teamed......

Sahkos issues are totally different to what Firmino has done - he disrupted team meetings , late a number of times to training , was sent home from pre season due to being disruptive influence. Firmino will be dealt with by the authorities and Liverpool will also punish him for being a complete idiot

Sahko was a first team player until he threw it away during the summer

D

Deleted member 16999

You raise a fair point re sakho and his many stances. Personally though I'd still be expecting my club to offer more than just a slap on the wrists. But I'm sensible enough to know that there's more chance of a squad player getting scolded than first team regular. Football is business first and foremost.
Surely Lpool have to wait until he's found guilty before judging him.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Sahkos issues are totally different to what Firmino has done - he disrupted team meetings , late a number of times to training , was sent home from pre season due to being disruptive influence. Firmino will be dealt with by the authorities and Liverpool will also punish him for being a complete idiot

Sahko was a first team player until he threw it away during the summer

He played 21 games last season. I think we all know that some players are first team/squad payers and others are more important.

Given the the choice of one or the other (I know they play different positions). I think firminio would be put in the team and the expense of sakho.

Re their different faults, they are both still actions that should require displinary action. Imo, a legal incident should be teams more important than an in house disruption. Nut inaccpet that all clubs, not just Liverpool will make decisions based on what's best for the team whenever they can.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Surely Lpool have to wait until he's found guilty before judging him.

I don't know anyone who's been charged with drink driving. So don't know how unrealsible a test is. I'd imagine you have an opportunity to plead guilty, but very few famous (rich) people don't contest a charge with expensive lawyers......

I wasn't saying they should drop him immediately, just curious how they will treat him if guilty. In comparison to someone who IMO was deemed less important to the team.

D

Deleted member 15344

He played 21 games last season. I think we all know that some players are first team/squad payers and others are more important.

Given the the choice of one or the other (I know they play different positions). I think firminio would be put in the team and the expense of sakho.

Re their different faults, they are both still actions that should require displinary action. Imo, a legal incident should be teams more important than an in house disruption. Nut inaccpet that all clubs, not just Liverpool will make decisions based on what's best for the team whenever they can.

Sahko was out injured for parts of the season and was also banned for other parts of the season - until the summer he was one of the first choice centre backs

Liverpool have dealt with Sahko how they see appropriate to his behaviour not what level of player he is seen as

And Firmino will be dealt appropriately to his behaviour by the club

Firmino isn't the first to be caught drink driving and he won't be the last - im not sure why you think it will affect the team more than a player disrupting things behind the scenes ?

Whatever angle you are looking for just isn't there

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Sahko was out injured for parts of the season and was also banned for other parts of the season - until the summer he was one of the first choice centre backs

Liverpool have dealt with Sahko how they see appropriate to his behaviour not what level of player he is seen as

And Firmino will be dealt appropriately to his behaviour by the club

Firmino isn't the first to be caught drink driving and he won't be the last - im not sure why you think it will affect the team more than a player disrupting things behind the scenes ?

Whatever angle you are looking for just isn't there

Im not looking for an angle at all.

Others being caught is irrelevant too. Doesn't make his fault any better or worse.

People are are allowed to question your club without you coming to their rescue like some knight for a damsel!

My point about sakho was that his actions were probably more of an issue towards club moral as he was disruptive. None of the players will care what firminho did. That doesn't make it right either.

If you'd like to give me a list of topics I can and can't raise though I'll endevour to consult it before offering my opinion in future. sir.

D

Deleted member 1740

Well if everyone else is doing it, may as well just let him off then.

Not at all. The article is very vague hence my response, i was aware that there was a massive police presence pulling drivers early Saturday morning in Liverpool.

He's been caught and I'm certainly not defending him.

D

Deleted member 15344

Im not looking for an angle at all.

Others being caught is irrelevant too. Doesn't make his fault any better or worse.

People are are allowed to question your club without you coming to their rescue like some knight for a damsel!

My point about sakho was that his actions were probably more of an issue towards club moral as he was disruptive. None of the players will care what firminho did. That doesn't make it right either.

If you'd like to give me a list of topics I can and can't raise though I'll endevour to consult it before offering my opinion in future. sir.

Of course you were looking for angle - hence the suggestion in the first place. It's quite clear exactly what you were aiming at in regards questioning the moral code of the club and treating players different with relevance to how they are seen within the squad.

It's two separate incidents - one has been dealt with the other will be dealt with. None of it will have any relevance to how they are seen within the squad

D

Deleted member 16999

I don't know anyone who's been charged with drink driving. So don't know how unrealsible a test is. I'd imagine you have an opportunity to plead guilty, but very few famous (rich) people don't contest a charge with expensive lawyers......

I wasn't saying they should drop him immediately, just curious how they will treat him if guilty. In comparison to someone who IMO was deemed less important to the team.

City took no further action against Toure, I'd be surprised if LPool do anything.

D

Deleted member 1740

Sakho wasn't a squad player. Sakho failed a drugs test, was late for team meetings and then missed his flight to the US for pre season despite many reminders and warnings. You cannot compare his actions to this.

I honestly don't see what LFC can do to him. He's failed a breathalyser test and he'll have to face the consequences.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
City took no further action against Toure, I'd be surprised if LPool do anything.

Ah but the major differance between Toure and Firmino is that Toures was an
" unfortunate understanding" with a tub of rola cola and three bottles of rum and Firmino is just a drink driver. :whistle:

D

Deleted member 16999

Ah but the major differance between Toure and Firmino is that Toures was an
" unfortunate understanding" with a tub of rola cola and three bottles of rum and Firmino is just a drink driver. :whistle:
Maybe Toure was in the passenger seat and tried to warn him about the evils of drink :rofl:

D

Deleted member 1740

I honestly don't know what else the club can do apart from a telling off.

It's a personal incident.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Sakho wasn't a squad player. Sakho failed a drugs test, was late for team meetings and then missed his flight to the US for pre season despite many reminders and warnings. You cannot compare his actions to this.

I honestly don't see what LFC can do to him. He's failed a breathalyser test and he'll have to face the consequences.

Most companies have rules for bringing the compnany into disrepute don't they?

dpmt get me wrong. I don't think footballers should be help up as role models. So don't necessarily think he should face action. Just curious if he will. Which was all my ordinal message was meant to query.

D

Deleted member 1740

Most companies have rules for bringing the compnany into disrepute don't they?

dpmt get me wrong. I don't think footballers should be help up as role models. So don't necessarily think he should face action. Just curious if he will. Which was all my ordinal message was meant to query.

So your curious if he'll be treated the same way as someone who broke club rules on numerous occasions, even though you don't think he should be punished?

Status
Not open for further replies.