And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
We got the first Friday 19th Aug home to soton.
The Chelsea v United match will be Sunday at least (we're in Europa league) but they haven't confirmed as still chance of Monday night.

Not sure if Monday is better or worse; means I could take 3 to mine before H4H but then means leaving H4H before Slasher Nash has bought his own car back in the auction! :D 4pm Sunday is a pain in the butt for getting to the curry, and still won't let me get guests onto mine. :angry:

Sometimes I think I prefer it when we were crap and football was 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

Last edited:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Surprised he was let go.

You would think Klopp could knock a bit of football sense into him.

Could turn out to be a good move for the lad.

If he does go, I'm glad we are inserting a buy back and sell on option, still think he has many attributes, but also needs some good coaching.

He is only 20 at the end of the day, and not the finished article.He should have taken his chance more last season after Sterling went.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sometimes I think I prefer it when we were crap and football was 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

Yep, walking down Fulham Broadway in my.......

Bleachers%20Classic%20Dark%20Front-400x400.jpg
:D

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure if Monday is better or worse; means I could take 3 to mine before H4H but then means leaving H4H before Slasher Nash has bought his own car back in the auction! :D 4pm Sunday is a pain in the butt for getting to the curry, and still won't let me get guests onto mine. :angry:

Sunday will be most likely as the following week is league cup week.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
If he does go, I'm glad we are inserting a buy back and sell on option, still think he has many attributes, but also needs some good coaching.

He is only 20 at the end of the day, and not the finished article.He should have taken his chance more last season after Sterling went.

Isn't Klopp upto the job? 🤔

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Brian -I refer you to the Mane and Ibe discussions of recent days. No is the answer. It's bonkers but it shows how much cash is sloshing around in football. Oh to be a football agent, or carry the bags of a football agent.

We will be having this discussion frequesntly over this transfer window.

Regarding Pogba, a very good player. One of the best midfielders out there but not worth £100m

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
As a Man Utd fan I'm excited for the coming season - on paper Mhkitaryan should be a great signing but we've said that many times recently and been wrong.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bournemouth spent £47,000,000 in transfers last year.
Their ground capacity is less than 11,500.
Is this the new face of televised football.

Doon - It is terrifying. I know they have a rich owner but if Bournemouth get relegated then there is no way that their finances add up. It is QPR / Leeds all over again. I want my club to do well, not Bournemouth incidentally, but more importantly I want them to be there in 10yrs time. If that means they come 6-8th in the PL rather than 3rd or 4th then so be it. Chasing the dream is dangerous.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Doon - It is terrifying. I know they have a rich owner but if Bournemouth get relegated then there is no way that their finances add up. It is QPR / Leeds all over again. I want my club to do well, not Bournemouth incidentally, but more importantly I want them to be there in 10yrs time. If that means they come 6-8th in the PL rather than 3rd or 4th then so be it. Chasing the dream is dangerous.

It is sad that great teams with big support like Ajax and Celtic just cannot compete with the likes of Bournemouth in the transfer market.
But as you say I still expect them to be here in 10 years time.
Bournemouth look like they will be England's Gretna.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
As a Man Utd fan I'm excited for the coming season - on paper Mhkitaryan should be a great signing but we've said that many times recently and been wrong.

Hope I'm wrong but I can see UTD being in contention at the end of the season.
Some decent looking signings & I can certainly see Jose getting more out of the players already there.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hope I'm wrong but I can see UTD being in contention at the end of the season.
Some decent looking signings & I can certainly see Jose getting more out of the players already there.

I think the fact that Mourinho is getting his new players early is a very positive sign.
That way they have a pre-season with their new team mates.
United definitely in with a shout if they get Pogba too!

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I think the fact that Mourinho is getting his new players early is a very positive sign.
That way they have a pre-season with their new team mates.
United definitely in with a shout if they get Pogba too!
Is Pogba really worth the money being reported?
From what I've seen he does look good,But is he £100m+ good?

PS I'd take him at Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.