And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
No one interested in the weekend's football?

England fail to beat a top 20 team for the 13th time under Southgate.

Wales show why they're the best home nation again.

Northern Ireland absolutely dominate Bosnia and lose 2-1. Standard.

Mo Salah has an eventful game - scoring two, setting up two and missing two penalties.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Mo Salah has an eventful game - scoring two, setting up two and missing two penalties.
England’s game only on Sky. If the national team is only viewable for a few, then I’m not bothered about it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
In all honesty Kellfire, I find it hard to get excited about England at the moment. Punched well above there weight in the World Cup. Swopping Henderson for Dier says it all for me. Until we can get creativity in that team I will stick to looking at me books of wallpaper samples. Don't wish Ill Of them, but the team just don't excite me.

D

Deleted member 16999

Or

Southgate has only lost 6 out of 26 games so far.

Or

Team ranked 21st in the world beats team ranked 31st at home.

Or
Tiny Bosnia beat team way above them in world rankings

Or
Man Utd fan more obsessed with LPool players than their own team

D

Deleted member 15344

Because they were convincingly beaten by Denmark ?

As for England - it’s still a work in progress but they need to decide what to do behind Kane - playing a back three is limiting them.

A 4-3-3 With

Pickford

Trippier
Maguire
Gomez/Stones
Shaw/Rose

Henderson
Alli
Barkley/Lingard

Sterling
Kane
Rashford

Need to be a bit braver , the formation gives Kane more support will still be solid but hopefully a bit more creativity- getting Barkley for me would be great for a England

D

Deleted member 15344

In all honesty Kellfire, I find it hard to get excited about England at the moment. Punched well above there weight in the World Cup. Swopping Henderson for Dier says it all for me. Until we can get creativity in that team I will stick to looking at me books of wallpaper samples. Don't wish Ill Of them, but the team just don't excite me.

You think Dier would add more creativity?! Henderson is in the team to sit and protect and win the ball and keep the ball - Dier isn’t a creative player

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site

Get out of bed on the wrong side today?

It's clear England need to start beating top 20 teams.

I was obviously joking about Wales - Twitter was awash with such hilarity after Wales thumped Scotland.

Nothing I said about the NI wasn't true, and in saying standard I accepted how I'm used to seeing us fail.

I said nothing denigrating about Salah - it was all factual.

Grumpy grumpy Paul.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site

As for England - it’s still a work in progress but they need to decide what to do behind Kane - playing a back three is limiting them.

A 4-3-3 With

Pickford

Trippier
Maguire
Gomez/Stones
Shaw/Rose

Henderson
Alli
Barkley/Lingard

Sterling
Kane
Rashford

Need to be a bit braver , the formation gives Kane more support will still be solid but hopefully a bit more creativity- getting Barkley for me would be great for a England

A midfield of Lingard and Alli gets overpowered in my opinion. Both should only play as part of a more forward three. Alli is continually flattering to deceive right now, and I'm a fan of his. Lingard doesn't have the presence to play that deep.

D

Deleted member 16999

Get out of bed on the wrong side today?

It's clear England need to start beating top 20 teams.

I was obviously joking about Wales - Twitter was awash with such hilarity after Wales thumped Scotland.

Nothing I said about the NI wasn't true, and in saying standard I accepted how I'm used to seeing us fail.

I said nothing denigrating about Salah - it was all factual.

Grumpy grumpy Paul.
Not at all grumpy, just answering your drivel with my drivel.

You quoted stats, but that can be played either way, Wales played the Republic, NI didn’t take their chances.
Never said you were denigrating about Salah, but plenty of Utd players did well around the world you could of mentioned.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
You think Dier would add more creativity?! Henderson is in the team to sit and protect and win the ball and keep the ball - Dier isn’t a creative player
Thats what i am saying phil. What is that substitution gonna prove. Nothing at all.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Not at all grumpy, just answering your drivel with my drivel.

You quoted stats, but that can be played either way, Wales played the Republic, NI didn’t take their chances.
Never said you were denigrating about Salah, but plenty of Utd players did well around the world you could of mentioned.

Salah came to mind because he was the one mentioned on the Guardian podcast - I didn't see much beyond the home nation results this weekend. Drop the grumpy bumps, you'll live longer. :)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
England had the chances but missed them again.

The ref cost us a draw only he thought that was a foul.

We have to many players not playing regulars in their own clubs.

We need a midfield general and until they find one I can’t see us improving , we just don’t keep the ball well enough.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site

A 4-3-3 With

Pickford

Trippier
Maguire
Gomez/Stones
Shaw/Rose

Henderson
Alli
Barkley/Lingard

Sterling
Kane
Rashford

We're playing the best football we've played for years, had our best World Cup since 1990 and yet you want to change the formation? How is the back-three limiting them? Southgate will, and rightly should stick with the formation that has done us well so far. He's still early into the job and is still working to find his best XI and get the players playing how he wants them to. It has worked great so far, so I see absolutely no reason to switch back to a formation we've been absolutely pants with for the last 10 years. In play your attack would end up in the following shape:

------------------Henderson------------Alli---------------------
----Sterling------------------Barkley-----------------Rashford---
--------------------------------Kane----------------------------------

This is exactly what we used at the 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Euros and further back than that and it didn't work. Southgate has done something different and built a team with it's own style of play and shape and it's early days but so far they've done great. Would be utter madness to change it now.

D

Deleted member 15344

Do you really think they are playing that great ? There is no creativity, no service to Kane , they are relying on him to score from nothing and if not then a set piece. At the World Cup they lost three times and every time against a team better than them , the World Cup masked a lot of issues , it was like Greece in 2004 - way overachieving.

They can’t beat teams in that top tier , teams that use the ball well , teams that can create. Getting carried away with a World Cup where as soon as England faced a team of any substance they lost - cold hard truth

England have to get more numbers in the middle and more closer to Kane - far too many defenders on the pitch which just means no creative balance , midfielders overrun and Kane isolated - England will beat the likes of Switzerland etc teams they are expected to beat but until they are brave enough to trust two CB they won’t beat the stronger teams