And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Very poor game, I was expecting more from both teams,surprised at Liverpools tactics not the usual high pressing high tempo game they normally play, the early penalty seemed to have a strange affect on the crowd and game, Spurs played better than Liverpool and had some good passages of play but the final ball was poor to often.

Think it was a mistake to play Kane from the start and would have been better to keep him on the bench till the last 20-30 mins. but Kane is one of the best strikers in Europe so it was somewhat understandable to play him but in hindsight a mistake,also it was tough on Mouro not starting after his hatrick in the semi-final.

We overachieved reaching the final,to win it would have been a bonus, hopefully we can keep our best players and Poch. and sign a few players for next year.

Congratulations to Liverpool you didn't play well but got the job done and that's all that's needed in a final.
Spurs should get a lot of credit

They were down and out so many times - in the group with Inter just needing a draw then against Dortmund with a crucial goal from Kane , great two legged performance against City and the semi final second against Ajax was a dramatic finish. But as with Firmino both Kane and Winks looked very rusty. Playing Kane was the wrong call but I suspect most managers would have gone with it and kept him on. Spurs got a very interesting summer ahead - clearly need to get some players but who are they going to lose ?

Love this pic

747C2476-7AA0-4371-B7F1-E5FC993A3B94.jpeg

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've been down in liverpool today picking my son up from university. Flag sellers have made a fortune. Poor match but liverpool wont care, they have the cup. Playing Kane was an error imo. When he gets injured he seems to need 3-4 games to get his sharpness back. This was his first game back and he was a passenger. You can't carry a player in a CL final and it cost them. Spurs didn't create much and didn't really threaten when they did. Liverpool created less but finished. It's all they had to do. Simples.

Do spurs fans think they can hold on to everyone or will this be the break up summer?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Before the bitter cries come in, clearly there are huge numbers out there and I saw for myself the way houses were dressed up. Have a great time folks, enjoy every minute. I'm just suggesting that a team in a 2 club city that has a population of just under 500k, with its core support still largely out in Madrid is unlikely to have 500k out on the streets today. No doubt there are hundreds of thousands but not greater than the population of the city itself.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've been down in liverpool today picking my son up from university. Flag sellers have made a fortune. Poor match but liverpool wont care, they have the cup. Playing Kane was an error imo. When he gets injured he seems to need 3-4 games to get his sharpness back. This was his first game back and he was a passenger. You can't carry a player in a CL final and it cost them. Spurs didn't create much and didn't really threaten when they did. Liverpool created less but finished. It's all they had to do. Simples.

Do spurs fans think they can hold on to everyone or will this be the break up summer?

Levy won't sell to rivals in England so I think you can discount that market with Spurs qualifying for the C/L again next season and with the new ground most won't be in a hurry to leave, Alli has had a average season and his stock has fallen so can't see him leaving, it only really leaves 3/4 teams in Europe that would buy our 3 best players and are they really at the level that Real Madrid will be after?

Kane would be good enough for any team in Europe but with 3 bad ankle injuries would someone take a gamble on him given the amount of money it would cost? so I would be surprised if he left.

So it only leaves Erickson and Toby both good enough for Real or Barca etc these are the only 2 that could possible go

I don't foresee the core of the squad changing but 3/4 players would need replacing with better quality

Lyle77

Visit site
Perhaps, Gareth Southgate and England could be the beneficiary of the decision by Poch to start Kane. The extra minutes on the pitch may have helped sharpen Kane up ahead of the Nations League semi final on Thursday.

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site
Before the bitter cries come in, clearly there are huge numbers out there and I saw for myself the way houses were dressed up. Have a great time folks, enjoy every minute. I'm just suggesting that a team in a 2 club city that has a population of just under 500k, with its core support still largely out in Madrid is unlikely to have 500k out on the streets today. No doubt there are hundreds of thousands but not greater than the population of the city itself.

You need to consider Merseyside as a whole not just Liverpool the city. Population of 1.4m and a significant number of them are Liverpool fans. That’s not including the nearby areas of Lancashire, Cheshire and North Wales. Only up the road and plenty of Liverpool fans there who would have travelled to the city for this.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was standing with six people who came down from Halifax just to see the City and watch the parade so lots of body’s from outside the city .
It’s only a guess anyway?