And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 18588

To quote Danny Baker on twitter, if this was a normal PL game it would have been on 4th on MOTD.

Never mind PL that wouldn't have even been a decent Championship game.

I don't know if it was down to the three week break but if it was then it doesn't bode well for the PL next season when the mid-season break is introduced.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Please not spurs
If spurs win the champions league
It's time to run for the hills
Tuck yourself up in bed
And gather the sleeping pills

We all know they are deluded
But this will be the icing on their cake
Imagine how they will brag
It's more than a man can take

When the spurs go marching in
In slow motion droning on
They ain't even champions of England
Champions of Europe is simply a con

Hoddle Ardiles and Steve Archibald
To name just a few
Every man and his dog
Will claim to be spurs through and through

Crawling out of the woodwork
The lillywhites from the lane
Is enough to drive a man to drink
And send a man insane

Please god I'm praying
Send em home with sweet F. A.
With their tail between their legs
And send em on their way

I keep having a nightmare
Wake up sweating when it occurs
I know someone has to win it
But please not the spurs 👍

D

Deleted member 15344

Never mind PL that wouldn't have even been a decent Championship game.

I don't know if it was down to the three week break but if it was then it doesn't bode well for the PL next season when the mid-season break is introduced.

Can only think it was the 3 week break - both teams just looked dead , no fluid play , lots of long balls , no sharpness - I don’t think it was nerves or stage fright just seems they lost the match sharpness over those three weeks. Thankfully the mid season break is only 10 days I think

In other news - the Bt Sport on you tube channel was shocking quality , really poor and at least two mins behind. If broadcasters want to go more online they need to improve their quality

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Can only think it was the 3 week break
Why is the PL break so long? They finished a week before the German Bundesliga, but with 20 instead of 18 teams they had 4 games more to play. So an entirely self made problem.
Didn't matter this time as both teams had the same, but it can be a disadvantage the facing a German or an Italian team.

Wolf

Visit site
Why is the PL break so long? They finished a week before the German Bundesliga, but with 20 instead of 18 teams they had 4 games more to play. So an entirely self made problem.
Didn't matter this time as both teams had the same, but it can be a disadvantage the facing a German or an Italian team.
Can only imagine its due to the mid season break other European leagues have around Christmas time. We don't have that break but means our season ended sooner.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Dreadful game, but the Reds won’t care. ⚽️

You are correct. But give me a terrible game and a 2-0 win over a crazy 3-3 after 90 mins and win on pens every day of the week! Keeper and finishing won the game. We were poor, Spurs weren't brilliant, but Allison made a couple of decent saves and we scored our 2 real chances.

Whatever... WE'VE CONQUERED ALL OF EUROPE!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 1740

Jurgen Flopp 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

No better than Rodgers 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Brilliant end to a fantastic season. Not the greatest game but its all about winning trophies and we've done it.

Monkey off Jurgen's back.

Oh, and that Pen is proof VAR shouldn't be in the beautiful game.

Up The European Cup Winning Reds.

D

Deleted member 18121

So glad we got over the line last night, I watched the game with 2 spurs fans who I'm on a golf weekend with...... I didn't enjoy the game at all.

Opposite to the posts on here, I thought the penalty was very very soft, if it was given against us if have been livid. Spurs were the better team for large chunks with wave after wave of attack but no final ball and only half chances to feed off.

Who knew divock would be so important for us again . Now, do I get a tattoo.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Congrats to the Reds on here. We all give and take stick on here, and I'm pleased that Liverpool have a trophy their football deserved this season. ⚽️👑🏆

Just don't go on about it too much! 🤣😉😉

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really poor game
No final ball ,giving the ball away ,from both sides.
Nerves?
Three weeks off didn’t help.
But it’s a trophy and that’s what counts.
Nice to hear both sets of fans behaved well
Klopp and the team did the city proud.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Happy for the Liverpool fans... had a great season and they really deserve something. (Sick to death of those hangers on who bought their shirt in JJB and haven't been within 100 miles of Anfield in their lives!)

As a neutral, game wasnt up to much and I did 3 bets that all came in! :)

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Very poor game, I was expecting more from both teams,surprised at Liverpools tactics not the usual high pressing high tempo game they normally play, the early penalty seemed to have a strange affect on the crowd and game, Spurs played better than Liverpool and had some good passages of play but the final ball was poor to often.

Think it was a mistake to play Kane from the start and would have been better to keep him on the bench till the last 20-30 mins. but Kane is one of the best strikers in Europe so it was somewhat understandable to play him but in hindsight a mistake,also it was tough on Mouro not starting after his hatrick in the semi-final.

We overachieved reaching the final,to win it would have been a bonus, hopefully we can keep our best players and Poch. and sign a few players for next year.

Congratulations to Liverpool you didn't play well but got the job done and that's all that's needed in a final.