And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Well that’s what happens when you don’t take your chances and aren’t clinical - we had plenty of chances to get an away goal or even two but got to take those chances. Barce took them when they came along and that’s the difference between the two - great game with some outstanding play with Messi being a big difference. Got to have a hell of a start next week but it’s a massive ask.

I suppose it does give all those fans of teams closer to mid table who have been quiet all season something to cheer about 🙄

D

Deleted member 18121

How did Dembele not bury that? Great game, Liverpool should have had at least 2 but weren't clinical enough. Messi sublime again.

Summed it up well. At that level we needed to take those chances.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Well that’s what happens when you don’t take your chances and aren’t clinical - we had plenty of chances to get an away goal or even two but got to take those chances. Barce took them when they came along and that’s the difference between the two - great game with some outstanding play with Messi being a big difference. Got to have a hell of a start next week but it’s a massive ask.

I suppose it does give all those fans of teams closer to mid table who have been quiet all season something to cheer about 🙄

This. 100%. Gutted tonight, had all the chances and the play for the first 20ish mins of the second and didn't make it count. The 1st is a great ball and finish, but the 2nd is infuriating. No way Van Dijk should stop moving there, allows messi to just walk past him. The 3rd is incredible, nobody saves it, could have had another man or 2 in the wall and i don't think it makes any difference. Can't believe we through it away.

They'll score at anfield 100% and I can't see us getting 5.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
But by the same token, if Barca had taken their equivalent chances, it would have finished 6-2.
Maybe. It those last few chances only occurred because liveprool went all out.

If Liverpool had taken theirs then they wouldn’t have had to go as crazy. 3-2 was certainly plausible. Game over imo unfortunately. Which makes the second leg a dead rubber now.

D

Deleted member 16999

Keegan, Coppel and Wilkins scored in a 4-3 defeat v Austria in a friendly in 1979.👍
I think it’s actually from an England B team match v Austria, played on 12 June 1979 and abandoned after 60 minutes due to floodlight failure.
Team was:
Joe Corrigan, Viv Anderson, Kenny Sansom, Steve Williams, B.Wright, Terry Butcher, Glenn Hoddle, Bryan Robson, Kevin Reeves, Tony Woodcock, Graham Rix.

Why do I think this fixture and not the one you mentioned?

I found the picture below of Cyrille Regis’s Caps and the Red one is from an England B appearance v Australia, so I’m wondering if England B got red caps? (Purely guessing)

09256396-7A0D-4594-AA97-C242981FA416.jpeg

4LEX

Visit site

They'll be cheering when you get 97 points and finish second :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Liverpool were a bit unlucky tonight, definitely not a 3-0 game on the balance of play and chances IMO. Theres something about this Barcelona side that means this tie isn't over. If Liverpool start quick and get an early goal Barcelona are a side can can cave in. They did it against Roma recently.

4LEX

Visit site
I would definitely have de Ligt as one of the best this season and in my opinion ahead of VVD.

Haha. Ajax have conceded more goals than PSV who are completely average. Even in the CL Ajax have conceded goals in every knock out game apart from last night, where Spurs missed their two best attackers and had a donkey upfront!

VVD is in a totally different solar system to De Ligt.