And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Keane and Neville being quiet ruthless/honest re Utds future and buying of players. Saying Utd will be in the market for players to rebuild at the same time as Real Madrid and Bayern. Gonna be an interesting summer.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Obviously am chuffed at the result.

However onto Utd, after years of being ripped to bits both by Utd on the pitch and fans off it I should be sat in the gloating chair. But am just not feeling it. Can imagine not to many Utd fans are to upset with the loss in the respect it not helping Liverpool. But the manner in which the players have slipped back into Mouriniho mode must be worrying.
Loving this seasons battle with Liverpool, but it will be all the sweeter for the Prem league when 3 or 4 teams are battling towards the end of the season for the title.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Your final Word shows clearly how your opinion of him will blind any discussion on the guy.

As to the Scholes thing. I heard it after he left and once he'd returned. Ftom Scholes.

Paul Pogba decided to leave Manchester United in 2012 when Phil Jones was selected ahead of him for a first-team match, according to Old Trafford legend Paul Scholes.

Quoted in The Sun, Scholes has spoken about the time he returned to professional football in January 2012, having earlier retired in 2011.

He was working with United’s reserve team, and in the midst of an injury crisis Scholes decided to return to help out Sir Alex Ferguson.

But, just before Scholes came out of retirement, Manchester United hosted Blackburn Rovers in a fixture that saw the Red Devils fall to a shock 3-2 defeat to the Premier League’s bottom club.

Despite the decimated state of Ferguson’s squad, Pogba was still not called up to United’s starting line-up, and had to settle for a place on the bench.

This was the exact moment the Frenchman decided to leave Old Trafford, according to Scholes.

As explained by Scholes: “He [Ferguson] originally wanted me to come back to coach the reserve team with Warren Joyce.

“I said, in September I’ll come back… so I had three or four months with the family, had some nice holidays.

“I started helping Joycey and started training with him – training with the likes of Pogba, [Jesse] Lingard… they were a really good side.

“I just thought, I’m loving training, I was getting fit and felt great. It got to December-time, the team was struggling, had a load of injuries.

“They had no central midfield players, really. They ended up playing Phil Jones and Fabio against Blackburn at Old Trafford and really struggled.

“That was the end of Pogba, I think. He thought he should have been playing that night instead of those two.

“But he was playing in the reserve team and wasn’t doing very well, so he didn’t really warrant that.

“So I went to Joycey and said: ‘I’m thinking of coming back’.”

Pogba departed Old Trafford at the end of that season due to a lack of first-team opportunities, joining Juventus in Italy.

He made his name as one of the world’s best midfielders in Serie A, and the France international returned to Manchester United for £89m in August 2016.

The above is the link you quoted, guess you selected wrong one.

Nothing to do with scholes then? Phil Jones claimed here..

Doesn’t change a thing the bloke hasn’t got the desire or mental attitude to be a top player in this league . Utd need rid

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having watched the game last night, and for the first time in my life wanted Utd to win, I was sure I was watching Salford City Reds against City.
If that is the way Utd have gone, I see a long time before they get back up to the top of the table.

Most of the Utd players were dross last night, the 2 highlights for me being how Pogba never seemed to sprint and just ambled around the pitch and how uninterested De Gea was.
If OGS is be a long term manager there, he needs to be harsh and get rid of the lazy and dead wood, and on last nights performance that was most of them.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Mass culling of players doesn’t happen at this level and those calling for it must think the Premier League is a real life version of Football Manager.

Do we have players who aren’t up to our ambitions? Absolutely. Are we going to go out and replace ten major first team players in a summer? Not a hope. It would be disastrous.

D

Deleted member 1418

Never thought I'd ever say this about Man Utd, but the players aren't good enough ....and neither is the manager. Granted he had an amazing start, but deep-down I had a sneaking feeling he'd end up being their Di Matteo (although I think my lot have our new one in Sarri!)

Saying that, they'll probably now beat us on Sunday! 😂

The problem they've got is who can they bring in; especially if they miss out on CL football? Look at the names they've been linked with - why would they join a club not challenging for any honours? You can only live on the 'biggest club in the world' tag if you're challenging for the league title and CL.

City will always be in the driving seat for the best players due to Guardiola and the money (although I expect him to move on soon to Juventus or PSG for a new challenge). And if Chelsea overturn the transfer ban and make CL then they'll be spending to replace Hazard and a few of the aging members of the squad.

Clearly United are in a mess at the moment. Can see it taking them at least 2 seasons to sort it out.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Mass culling of players doesn’t happen at this level and those calling for it must think the Premier League is a real life version of Football Manager.

Do we have players who aren’t up to our ambitions? Absolutely. Are we going to go out and replace ten major first team players in a summer? Not a hope. It would be disastrous.

Kelly what I cannot get my head around is, the beginning of last season there was a comparison between the City and Utd squads. There was inches in it. Last year and for most of this, Maureen was to blame. But he is not the one that ambles around the park. One thing I am sure of, it ain't a quick fix and lord knows where ole is going to start.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm pretty impressed with their picks to be fair, that's the team I'd go with I think. Maybe could have gone Eriksen ahead of Pogba, but Pogba has more goal contributions this season (22 - 13 goals, 9 assists) so understand him being there. Rest of the team pretty much picks itself.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
At £1,931,628.00 per place, I'm sure your chairman wouldn't agree!
It will cost the chairman more than that when they end up in 15th place the following year. Teams outside the top 6 simply don't have the squad quality to compete on that front. Thursday in Khazaksthan, Sunday in Burnley, repeat. It does not work for those 7-12th teams who fight for that spot.