And, we’re off.......2018/2019

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve never seen money blamed. The main reason that goes around are that he chose Juve as Fergie let Scholes take his spot out of retirement. Scholes has even said so on numerous occasions. The rest is pure speculation.

Funny I’ve only ever heard money was the issue! His demands weren’t in keeping with the other youth players and sir Alex didn’t take kindly to it

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Funny I’ve only ever heard money was the issue! His demands weren’t in keeping with the other youth players and sir Alex didn’t take kindly to it
I’ve seen that fergie said his agent was out of line. But can’t find any others online. The rest about Scholes is easy to find. Maybe a few opposition fans opinions of him gaining traction and creating a story.....

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thought Fernandinho going off would be huge, but Bernardo Silva has slotted into the centre of the park superbly. He really is one of the best players in the league and is unsurprisingly one of the first names on the team-sheet for Pep.

Agree, Bernardo Silva seems to never stop running.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I saw what I thought was a poor tackle from a red shirt but only got a glance of if before sitting down for dinner at my golf club, studs were high and I was amazed it wasn’t a red, yet no mention of it on here?

Was there more to it than what I saw.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve seen that fergie said his agent was out of line. But can’t find any others online. The rest about Scholes is easy to find. Maybe a few opposition fans opinions of him gaining traction and creating a story.....

His agent wanted more money.. even says it in the articles “he isn’t signing that amount”

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talk...ogba-left-old-trafford-2012-180218272775/amp/

Scholes is just a reason that was trotted out by fans when he came back to make him look less of a dick

D

Deleted member 1740

I saw what I thought was a poor tackle from a red shirt but only got a glance of if before sitting down for dinner at my golf club, studs were high and I was amazed it wasn’t a red, yet no mention of it on here?

Was there more to it than what I saw.

No, it was a great tackle and Lingard clearly won the ball. He caught Gundogan but not enough for a card.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
His agent wanted more money.. even says it in the articles “he isn’t signing that amount”

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talk...ogba-left-old-trafford-2012-180218272775/amp/

Scholes is just a reason that was trotted out by fans when he came back to make him look less of a dick
Your final Word shows clearly how your opinion of him will blind any discussion on the guy.

As to the Scholes thing. I heard it after he left and once he'd returned. Ftom Scholes.

Paul Pogba decided to leave Manchester United in 2012 when Phil Jones was selected ahead of him for a first-team match, according to Old Trafford legend Paul Scholes.

Quoted in The Sun, Scholes has spoken about the time he returned to professional football in January 2012, having earlier retired in 2011.

He was working with United’s reserve team, and in the midst of an injury crisis Scholes decided to return to help out Sir Alex Ferguson.

But, just before Scholes came out of retirement, Manchester United hosted Blackburn Rovers in a fixture that saw the Red Devils fall to a shock 3-2 defeat to the Premier League’s bottom club.

Despite the decimated state of Ferguson’s squad, Pogba was still not called up to United’s starting line-up, and had to settle for a place on the bench.

This was the exact moment the Frenchman decided to leave Old Trafford, according to Scholes.

As explained by Scholes: “He [Ferguson] originally wanted me to come back to coach the reserve team with Warren Joyce.

“I said, in September I’ll come back… so I had three or four months with the family, had some nice holidays.

“I started helping Joycey and started training with him – training with the likes of Pogba, [Jesse] Lingard… they were a really good side.

“I just thought, I’m loving training, I was getting fit and felt great. It got to December-time, the team was struggling, had a load of injuries.

“They had no central midfield players, really. They ended up playing Phil Jones and Fabio against Blackburn at Old Trafford and really struggled.

“That was the end of Pogba, I think. He thought he should have been playing that night instead of those two.

“But he was playing in the reserve team and wasn’t doing very well, so he didn’t really warrant that.

“So I went to Joycey and said: ‘I’m thinking of coming back’.”

Pogba departed Old Trafford at the end of that season due to a lack of first-team opportunities, joining Juventus in Italy.

He made his name as one of the world’s best midfielders in Serie A, and the France international returned to Manchester United for £89m in August 2016.

The above is the link you quoted, guess you selected wrong one.