And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He added: "It goes back to that drive to be the best. Even if I download a game on my phone, can I be the best in the world?"

Wow. I knew he was competitive, but, wow.

I don't know how a young, English lad gets into NFL but it does seem to be catching on. They've obviously done a stellar marketing job. I don't understand it at all myself.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The only one that ever seemed to make a real go of it as a UK player in the NFL was Mick Luckhurst who kicked for the Falcons. Pretty sure some ex football and rugby players have tried it but never made the grade. Pretty sure Pathetic Shark will have all the facts and figures. Can't see Kane getting involved in NFL after football and a media/managerial or coaching career would seem far the more likely avenues (in my opinion)

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Start of next season Bayern's wing-backs will be Kimmich and Pavard at RB, Alaba and Lucas as LB. Not bad. Signing the two starting wing-backs from the winning WC squad to bolster the squad.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The only one that ever seemed to make a real go of it as a UK player in the NFL was Mick Luckhurst who kicked for the Falcons. Pretty sure some ex football and rugby players have tried it but never made the grade. Pretty sure Pathetic Shark will have all the facts and figures. Can't see Kane getting involved in NFL after football and a media/managerial or coaching career would seem far the more likely avenues (in my opinion)
I don't reckon he has the brain to be a football manager, and he 100% doesn't have the charisma to be a pundit.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

Surprised that no-one from Burnley has been lined up as an NFL punter. ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
They at least have reasonable voices for TV though. Kane has no charisma and a speech impediment, not exactly made for TV Harry.
Still a more likely option than an NFL kicker. Plenty like Garth Crooks is another with no charisma on main stream telly so can't see it being an issue. Same with the speech impediment. They'll want him, at least initially as an ex-England captain (as he will be when he retires - not suggesting he doesn't get the role at the moment) and who knows may have moved somewhere and won stuff.

4LEX

Visit site
Solskjaer confirmed as United boss. 3 year contract.

This sums up where Man Utd are at, how they're run and why they'll be nowhere near a major trophy for years and years.

Why appoint now when he's had a few bad results and the players look like they're back to their old ways? What happens if he has a bad run, smashed by Barce and they finish 6th. Do you sack him? Or give him £200m to spend? It's just appalling management of a football club. He won't be pinched by anyone, so you wait until the end of the season and then appoint or not. If he finishes fourth then fair enough. To do it now smacks of desperation.

Nothing against Ole but he's really changed nothing at all. It's the same players, same formations and same tactics. The only difference is a lot of luck, the players giving 100% instead of 50%. Rashford moving central is the only change of note but Mourinho was starting to drop Lukaku and looking to do similar. If you watch them play it's hard work, keeping it tight and hitting on the counter. I know he's not had a chance to bring his own players in, but the hype about a new style of football is just not true. If you have top players going through the motions then they suddenly give everything, that'll equal more goals and better results.

I think for a club of Man Utd's size and stature, to appoint the manager of Molde after a short term trial is laughable. They need a world class manager with a long term plan, not a nice guy with a feel good factor. It's the cheap and easy option for a club run as a business these days.

I can almost guarentee it'll be another average season next year and they'll eventually get Poch after he's had one season at the new stadium and got fed up of feeding on scraps. The only positive is Ole looks like he'll be signing young players with potential, so the next manager will have a good squad to work with. It'll be entertaining though as he's got to stick to the attacking hype!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
This sums up where Man Utd are at, how they're run and why they'll be nowhere near a major trophy for years and years.

Why appoint now when he's had a few bad results and the players look like they're back to their old ways? What happens if he has a bad run, smashed by Barce and they finish 6th. Do you sack him? Or give him £200m to spend? It's just appalling management of a football club. He won't be pinched by anyone, so you wait until the end of the season and then appoint or not. If he finishes fourth then fair enough. To do it now smacks of desperation.

Nothing against Ole but he's really changed nothing at all. It's the same players, same formations and same tactics. The only difference is a lot of luck, the players giving 100% instead of 50%. Rashford moving central is the only change of note but Mourinho was starting to drop Lukaku and looking to do similar. If you watch them play it's hard work, keeping it tight and hitting on the counter. I know he's not had a chance to bring his own players in, but the hype about a new style of football is just not true. If you have top players going through the motions then they suddenly give everything, that'll equal more goals and better results.

I think for a club of Man Utd's size and stature, to appoint the manager of Molde after a short term trial is laughable. They need a world class manager with a long term plan, not a nice guy with a feel good factor. It's the cheap and easy option for a club run as a business these days.

I can almost guarentee it'll be another average season next year and they'll eventually get Poch after he's had one season at the new stadium and got fed up of feeding on scraps. The only positive is Ole looks like he'll be signing young players with potential, so the next manager will have a good squad to work with. It'll be entertaining though as he's got to stick to the attacking hype!

They just sacked Mourinho. The only manager with more acclaim could be Pep. They’re not gonna get him. They also had Van Gaal who was world renowned.

The getting 100% is the key change. They players want to play for ole. They may not have wanted to for another different manager and that’s half the battle.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

10839-fishing-pole-and-fish.png

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Am taking the bait, as a City fan with more than enough Utd pals who have ripped me to bits over 20 odd years. Surely it would be easy for me to want to see it go belly up for Utd. But no, I hope it works out well for them. I hope it helps to create what was a big four into a big six or seven. I actually thought the timing of making Olly manager could not of come at a better time. Two months left of the season where Utd are challenging for the top four and the champs league. What a positive for the fans that is. He has had a blip, but what team hasn't this season. Looking forward to next season already.
PS, please Olly can we have three points next month

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

I can’t be bothered to reply to all that dribble.
What was Jose if he wasn’t a world class manager.

Ole turned around a rudderless ship,he deserves a shot,but as he always says it’s his team not just him.

The fans love him,I believe if he didn’t get the job there would have been uproar.
Every proper supporter is behind Ole and wish him and his team the best.