And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 1740

It’s not a case of that Stu, it’s the case that it’s used in some of the FA cup matches and not at others, that inconsistency shouldn’t be allowed, if VAR is to be used in a comp, it has to be in all the games across the tournament imo.

Shocking from Sterling and poor from a linesman, Swansea hard done by today.

I agree with all of that, picking and choosing which game VAR is used in is wrong.

Its gotta be every game, not just live games.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
hard to believe they couldnt use it at a stadium today that they used it at last year though. FA dont half make a rod for their own backs some times!

Exactly, Swansea was a PL club last season, so no reason not to use VAR today, just because they’re now in the Championship shouldn’t exclude its use.

D

Deleted member 1740

True,and it’s bloody hard to take,and watch

For me the fault lays squarely at the TV companies feet, particulary SKY who think they own football. Over analysing every decision, spinning interviews, paying ex pros for opinions that only suit their agendas etc. Trying to improve their "brand" and make as much money as possible to the detriment of the game.

D

Deleted member 16999

For me the fault lays squarely at the TV companies feet, particulary SKY who think they own football. Over analysing every decision, spinning interviews, paying ex pros for opinions that only suit their agendas etc. Trying to improve their "brand" and make as much money as possible to the detriment of the game.
Surely the greed is the PL, they own the brand and have sold their soul to the highest bidder.
Sky are the mugs who have paid it and want a return on investment.
Sky/BT/BBC/ITV etc are business’s.

D

Deleted member 1740

Surely the greed is the PL, they own the brand and have sold their soul to the highest bidder.
Sky are the mugs who have paid it and want a return on investment.
Sky/BT/BBC/ITV etc are business’s.

Of course the PL have got to take some repsonsibility, their relationship is akin to a multi millionaires (sky) and a high class brass (The PL) relationship, The brass (PL) takes the money and gets used at the will of the multi millionaire (sky) with very little say.

Its all the little extras with 24hr sports news and continuous over reaction to results/performances/decisions.

They create negativity wether its against a club, under performing team/manager, refs decsions,players etc.

I can remember when Sky had CL football when Keys and Gray were there and at the time Zonal Marking was the blame for everything according to those two.

Anyway, Strachan was a studio guest this week and they started to slate ZM, Strachan had the audacity to disagree with them and give his opinion on why ZM works, he was never seen again on that channel as a guest.

Sky have been a force in pushing for VAR, i wouldnt be surprised if somewhere along the lines they owned the company whose supplying the VAR network.

D

Deleted member 16999

Of course the PL have got to take some repsonsibility, their relationship is akin to a multi millionaires (sky) and a high class brass (The PL) relationship, The brass (PL) takes the money and gets used at the will of the multi millionaire (sky) with very little say.

Its all the little extras with 24hr sports news and continuous over reaction to results/performances/decisions.

They create negativity wether its against a club, under performing team/manager, refs decsions,players etc.

I can remember when Sky had CL football when Keys and Gray were there and at the time Zonal Marking was the blame for everything according to those two.

Anyway, Strachan was a studio guest this week and they started to slate ZM, Strachan had the audacity to disagree with them and give his opinion on why ZM works, he was never seen again on that channel as a guest.

Sky have been a force in pushing for VAR, i wouldnt be surprised if somewhere along the lines they owned the company whose supplying the VAR network.
Sky will continue until the brass closes her legs and takes back some control.

The brass being the 20 PL Clubs.

D

Deleted member 16999

Bit like brexit?

Clubs have tried and failed to take back control but failed to get a majority, bit like TM and her failed Government. 😉
Not sure tbh mate, it was 14 clubs that voted against VAR for this season and the clubs get to vote on the contracts etc, they have a pretty big say in all matters, the difficulty will be getting the 20 to agree.

D

Deleted member 1740

Not sure tbh mate, it was 14 clubs that voted against VAR for this season and the clubs get to vote on the contracts etc, they have a pretty big say in all matters, the difficulty will be getting the 20 to agree.

14 is the magic number apparently.

Some clubs wanted to negotiate their own overseas TV rights like Barca etc that got voted down.