And, we’re off.......2018/2019

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
2-3

Game on as it were

However I don’t understand

Against the big boys not only do our attacking players turn up but our defenders look like a smooth well oiled Italian side

Come the bottom half and they look like a Sunday league outfit

And that’s harsh on Sunday league!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nasri hats off to him!!

Really determined to win a ball from a poor corner

Turns and delivers a cracking ball for Hernández to head in at knee height!

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Phil posted it earlier

Very interesting

Love the chelski appearance

Just goes to show what an outstanding job Wenger did for Arsenal for so many years.

Behind in spending but managed to win some honours despite of that. Surprised that Liverpool spent so consistently more than Arsenal over those 20 years and 3 PL titles to none. 👍

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just goes to show what an outstanding job Wenger did for Arsenal for so many years.

Behind in spending but managed to win some honours despite of that. Surprised that Liverpool spent so consistently more than Arsenal over those 20 years and 3 PL titles to none. 👍

Also shows several years (95-99) when Arsenal are above Man Utd in the spending charts so not quite the paupers you like to claim you are.

D

Deleted member 1740

plucky Swansea unlucky against the 14 men of the mighty City here lol

All you VAR haters this game another nail in the coffin!

Where do you stop at looking at contentious fouls and decisions?

i expect Sterling to be banned for 2 games like Gueye was for benefiting from conning the ref....

Fish

Banned
Visit site

i expect Sterling to be banned for 2 games like Gueye was for benefiting from conning the ref....

It’s not a case of that Stu, it’s the case that it’s used in some of the FA cup matches and not at others, that inconsistency shouldn’t be allowed, if VAR is to be used in a comp, it has to be in all the games across the tournament imo.

Shocking from Sterling and poor from a linesman, Swansea hard done by today.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s not a case of that Stu, it’s the case that it’s used in some of the FA cup matches and not at others, that inconsistency shouldn’t be allowed, if VAR is to be used in a comp, it has to be in all the games across the tournament imo.

Should never be in the fa cup as it can’t be used at all stadiums

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Spot on
Football is a joke

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

The $m question isnt it!

The argument from today is neither Citys 2nd or 3rd goals stand if VAR is in use though and for those that are pushing for VAR its going to support their case nicely

For me I think I would want it only to overrule clearly wrong decisions, where it becomes a huge problem is where they spend 5 mins using it on a subjective 50/50 decision. So maybe a ref gets 30 seconds to view footage and if he hasnt clear evidence in that time the decision stands and he restarts the game.