And, we’re off.......2018/2019

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Do you include every fan that comes onto the pitch.

After all their intentions are unknown.

In any event deterrent type punishments have no effect upon the type of brainless moron we saw this afternoon.

Fuelled by booze and quite possibly cocaine these types don't stop and think before acting.

If a fan knows that if they go onto the pitch they are going to get a ban from the club and arrested and a criminal record and the club are going to be severely punished that surely is a deterrant. There is no reason for a person to run onto a pitch. Players should be safe in the knowledge that can play the game without fear of attack.

D

Deleted member 15344

You seem to know an awful lot about what was happening at the ground I am surprised I didn't see you there.

The steward was guilty of trying to return players to their rightful place the other side of the hoardings.

It’s all over social media including videos and you can clearly see the steward being taken away by police after its believe he was over physical towards a player - and you can hear very clearly the cheering towards the player and the chants towards his dead brother are reported again on social media - but I guess being a Birmingham fan I believe ( maybe you aren’t ) you are a touch biased.

As Paddy C says - strong punishments required as I believe it’s not the first time a Birmingham fan has got on the pitch to confront a player - if the team is playing behind closed doors no fan can get to a player.

D

Deleted member 18588

If a fan knows that if they go onto the pitch they are going to get a ban from the club and arrested and a criminal record and the club are going to be severely punished that surely is a deterrant. There is no reason for a person to run onto a pitch. Players should be safe in the knowledge that can play the game without fear of attack.

Absolutely agree that the pitch should be sacrosanct and players have a right to feel safe in their place of work.

However, I still believe that idiots do not recognise deterrents. If they did then surely crime in general, particularly those involving violence, would be falling.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Why do you need a strong deterrent ? Is it happening at every match ? Is it rife - no it’s an isolated incident.

Like I said stop overreacting - I don’t know why you are being knife carriers into it , that’s a totally different subject all together . This is an idiot fan who gave a player a slap - it’s assault and will be treated the same as any other assault. Grealish got his karma with the winning goal - that would have got more satisfaction than anything that happened to the fan. The club will be punished appropriately and he will be punished by the law depending on his previous. Let’s try and be sensible

You need to buy a newspaper, it is not the first time it has happend this week in British football.
Secondly if you call that a slap, you need to go to specsavers. He tried to knock his head off his shoulders.
Karma, smart. Next time someone gets a " slap" I suppose we can ask a magistrate to see if said person who was slapped can take a penalty against said slapper. Suppose that will make him feel good.

D

Deleted member 18588

It’s all over social media including videos and you can clearly see the steward being taken away by police after its believe he was over physical towards a player - and you can hear very clearly the cheering towards the player and the chants towards his dead brother are reported again on social media - but I guess being a Birmingham fan I believe ( maybe you aren’t ) you are a touch biased.

As Paddy C says - strong punishments required as I believe it’s not the first time a Birmingham fan has got on the pitch to confront a player - if the team is playing behind closed doors no fan can get to a player.

Even by your standards that is pathetic.

Bias has nothing whatsoever to do with it.
The steward was removed by police from his position in front of Villa fans to calm the situation.

The one previous incursion was again completely wrong but unlike today did not involve any violence but taunting.

Absolutely condemn any incursion by fans or anyone else and as for the despicable songs being sung by a very small number i despair but, as we all know, there are morons who sing songs about Hillsborough and Munich etc;

But the main difference between us is that I base my view of the sad events upon experience rather than the distortion often provided by social media.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry tash but we can’t even get judges to hand out 10 years to knifes carriers !! (Carry a knife get life imo) so they won’t send him down for more than 12 months
Not Being funny but when’s the last time a judge gave the maximum sentence for anything.
Some don’t even get it for murder.

D

Deleted member 15344

You need to buy a newspaper, it is not the first time it has happend this week in British football.
Secondly if you call that a slap, you need to go to specsavers. He tried to knock his head off his shoulders.
Karma, smart. Next time someone gets a " slap" I suppose we can ask a magistrate to see if said person who was slapped can take a penalty against said slapper. Suppose that will make him feel good.

Tried and failed - it’s common assault at the end of the day , he didn’t knock him out , no weapons etc. It’s a maximum 6 months - stating that it should be ten years is laughable , people would be getting sent down every single day

Grealish handed out the best punishment for him

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Can't see how Neville can blame De Gea there. He's moving to his left and the ball swerves and dips massively to his right.
Even after a few replays he says the same thing.

Definitely a fault by DDG. Not that much movement in the grand scheme - he just fails to react.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can't see how Neville can blame De Gea there. He's moving to his left and the ball swerves and dips massively to his right.
Even after a few replays he says the same thing.
You are being way too kind. It didn't swerve that much. The ball starts on the line of De Gea, if he stands still. It then swerves a yard to his right. De Gea inexplicably moved to his left. I think he has just had a mare on this.

Arsenal need to capitalise right now as otherwise utd will nick an equaliser. Seen it all too often ☹

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
You are being way too kind. It didn't swerve that much. The ball starts on the line of De Gea, if he stands still. It then swerves a yard to his right. De Gea inexplicably moved to his left. I think he has just had a mare on this.

Arsenal need to capitalise right now as otherwise utd will nick an equaliser. Seen it all too often ☹

Swerved loads, how else would you explain a world class keeper misjudging that?