And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Picking on you Tashy me man, are you basing your opinion of Pope on what you saw last season? Or what you read in the media? Sterling is a perfect example of our media bias.;)
Last year he had a stonker of a game v City. I remember thinking that Heaton is gonna have to move. Re sterling. No one knows better than me how frustrating it is watching him. Yesterday i would of had him
Off at half time. Then look at the second half 😳

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Just seen the Grealish incident. The “fan” will never see another game. Birmingham are on for a massive fine.
Not a good day for football.

The guy probably wasn’t even there to watch the football, just there to cause trouble. 10 mins into the game and he’s wound up enough to run on the pitch and punch a player? From behind too.....who does that?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Seriously, how are they going to stop him?
Unless "BANNED" is tattooed onto his forehead how is a steward going to recognise him among 30+k fans....?
They ban people from driving and that doesn't work...
He'll get a rap on the knuckles, a small fine and a trip to anger management classes - and he'll get chucked out of them for beating up the others....

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The guy probably wasn’t even there to watch the football, just there to cause trouble. 10 mins into the game and he’s wound up enough to run on the pitch and punch a player? From behind too.....who does that?

Just watched it, wow, imagine it being a knife though 😳

Too many cheers from the Birmingham fans for my liking also!

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Just watched it, wow, imagine it being a knife though 😳

Too many cheers from the Birmingham fans for my liking also!

I’d say it’s not worth imagining that, but the way knife crime is in this country it unfortunately isn’t that far away from potentially happening.

D

Deleted member 16999

Yes, on current form, Pickford is down on last season. No doubt he can and was excellent, just not at the moment. I hope he regards form and fast if he’s in the sticks for England. Some of it is pressure because of his profile. Foster used to make mistakes a plenty but is under the radar now this little focus on him.
Agreed mate, I just find the shouts for Heaton and Pope laughable at the moment, Hart kept a fully fit Heaton at No2 up until after Boxing Day when they lost 5-1, Pope started matches in the background for reserves etc mid december and played in both FA Cup matches. Even paper talk last month of Arsenal making a bid for the, out of favour, Pope.
Maybe he’ll never recover properly from his injury.

Pope is No3 and Hart No2.

Also Pickford is the youngest and possibly has the longest future and it’s maybe why Southgate has confidence in him, he’s played at all levels for England from U15’s, no doubt he’s seen him at all levels.

You certainly jinxed Heaton today!

D

Deleted member 15344

The “fan” is lucky the players kept so calm. That could have been so much worse!

That is a side of football that needs to go!
Just seen it - how the heck is a fan allowed to go that far , disgraceful - maybe a couple of games behind closed doors will make people think twice , the fan doesn’t care with his cheeky smile and the fans cheering him

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Quality from Heaton again. Definitely better than Pickford on today's evidence. :LOL:

That Birmingham "fan" is an absolute scumbag. Should be banned for life, jailed for assault and sued by Grealish. Shocking behaviour.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I’d say it’s not worth imagining that, but the way knife crime is in this country it unfortunately isn’t that far away from potentially happening.

I totally agree with you and that is why
1, he should be sent down for 10 years. It will be a deterant. Dont anyone try and convince me we need to know why he did it. He had a terrible upbringing. Etc etc. Hes a *** end of story.

D

Deleted member 15344

Now a steward is arrested at Birmingham for something against Grealish when he scored and was celebrating. Got to punish the club massively

Good win against Burnley - got to keep the wins going now

Fish

Banned
Visit site
1, he should be sent down for 10 years. It will be a deterant. Dont anyone try and convince me we need to know why he did it. He had a terrible upbringing. Etc etc. Hes a *** end of story.

Won’t happen, banning order and community service, unless he’s got previous for assault then he might get a few months.

Our judicial service is a nonesense.

D

Deleted member 15344

10 years ?!? - it was a poor incident but ten years for that - let’s not overreact in terms of the punishments - if people got sent down for 10 years for that then we need to double or even triple the amount of prisons we have.

He will be charged , fined or suspended sentence as per the offence - banned for life from football and the club fined. Punishments need to fit the crime

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hmm, 6/1 the draw today, think it’s worth a punt, Burnley can be awkward opponents at times, the pressure cooker is steaming away 😜

In other news, Spurs new stadium is now ready and will get an airing soon, but if they win nothing (again), will some of their stars get restless, is Poch off to Real Madrid if the cupboard is still bare and isn’t given any money to spend, or will he simply go anyway?

How many players will start to think we need to move on now if we want to win anything or will they give it another season or window, will the new stadium have any effect on them wanting to stay if they don’t add any more honours to their CV this season?

Has Kane disrupted the status quo since returning, there was always talk of being a one-man team, they didn’t do too bad without him, did they 🤔

Oh, and will Arsenal stick it to Utd today and burst Ole’s lucky run, will they implode when they get well beat, which is on the horizon imo.

What odds for Chelsea to finish 3rd now 😜

Hope you didn’t load on fishcake 😆

Tashyboy

Visit site
10 years ?!? - it was a poor incident but ten years for that - let’s not overreact in terms of the punishments - if people got sent down for 10 years for that then we need to double or even triple the amount of prisons we have.

He will be charged , fined or suspended sentence as per the offence - banned for life from football and the club fined. Punishments need to fit the crime

If you read the post fully, there's a bit in where it says deterrent. If he gets sent down for 10 years. How many others will do it. Personally if it means building another couple of dozen prisons to keep knuckle draggers like him and knife carriers off the streets then I will set up a crowd funding appeal myself.
What would of happened if Grealish had to go off injured. Game abandoned. 30,000 fans bogged off. How much cost to the club. Fan gets a fine of what £1,000 paid over five years. Who would give a toss if he went down for 10 years.

D

Deleted member 15344

If you read the post fully, there's a bit in where it says deterrent. If he gets sent down for 10 years. How many others will do it. Personally if it means building another couple of dozen prisons to keep knuckle draggers like him and knife carriers off the streets then I will set up a crowd funding appeal myself.
What would of happened if Grealish had to go off injured. Game abandoned. 30,000 fans bogged off. How much cost to the club. Fan gets a fine of what £1,000 paid over five years. Who would give a toss if he went down for 10 years.

Why do you need a strong deterrent ? Is it happening at every match ? Is it rife - no it’s an isolated incident.

Like I said stop overreacting - I don’t know why you are being knife carriers into it , that’s a totally different subject all together . This is an idiot fan who gave a player a slap - it’s assault and will be treated the same as any other assault. Grealish got his karma with the winning goal - that would have got more satisfaction than anything that happened to the fan. The club will be punished appropriately and he will be punished by the law depending on his previous. Let’s try and be sensible

D

Deleted member 18588

Why do you need a strong deterrent ? Is it happening at every match ? Is it rife - no it’s an isolated incident.

Like I said stop overreacting - I don’t know why you are being knife carriers into it , that’s a totally different subject all together . This is an idiot fan who gave a player a slap - it’s assault and will be treated the same as any other assault. Grealish got his karma with the winning goal - that would have got more satisfaction than anything that happened to the fan. The club will be punished appropriately and he will be punished by the law depending on his previous. Let’s try and be sensible

Yet you over react with suggested punishments for the Club.

Fences are rightly not allowed so how are the Club able to prevent a determined idiot from getting on the pitch. There were plenty of stewards and police there but if there's a moron who has decided to invade the pitch and attack a player how is he to be stopped?

Around 23,500 Birmingham fans there but one idiot. Punishing the Club and the majority of supporters will not act as a deterrent.

Spectators could and should be scanned before entering the ground for knives and missiles. Glass bottles should be nowhere near the ground and how was someone allowed to take the golf ball into Ashton Gate that was thrown 12 days ago.