And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Not sure there is much Chelsea can do to be honest. Just feels like city are still in first gear and it's only a matter of time. If Chelsea come out and have a go there's every chance city could give them another hiding.

I think he went with a game plan to be a bit more solid but injuries distupted things

First losing Firmino was key - he can open things and he should have been replaced by Shaqiri

Then the UTD subs changed their game plan and made them sit deeper and with our line up including Milner at right back just didn’t offer enough

And then it just got really poor

I would have kept TAA in and also kept Keita in - both would have offered far more

And yep some nerves as well

But 1 point ahead with the games to go - it’s going to be tight that’s for sure

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Oh an Liverpool wer shite today. Utd there for the taking, but they looked far more dangerous.

1 clear tho at this stage is sound 👍🏻

That sounds more like hope than positivity to me.

City have had their blip, they are on a good run of form and ‘could’ go unbeaten the rest of the season. Liverpool however, as shown today can’t and won’t go the season unbeaten so that 1 point is nothing now and will soon be absorbed. If it was 5 or more points you could possibly grind it out, but I can’t see past City now seeing it out.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If City score we can’t come out with a false 9, Hazard is coming to get the ball and there’s nobody in the box, it’s a terrible formation and tactic!

We’ll implode if they score first, we can’t react unless Sarri makes immediate tactical changes, and we’ve never seen him do that, yet?

Isn’t his 1st change the Barkley/Kovacic or Kovacic/Barkley one depending on who he started

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To many simple balls we gave away.
We still can’t open a team up When they sit back.
They looked more like scoring than us.
Rashford did more than Mane and Salah put together and he was hurt.
Not a disaster but we won’t get a better chance to win at OT.
Very poor game the football was awful.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That sounds more like hope than positivity to me.

City have had their blip, they are on a good run of form and ‘could’ go unbeaten the rest of the season. Liverpool however, as shown today can’t and won’t go the season unbeaten so that 1 point is nothing now and will soon be absorbed. If it was 5 or more points you could possibly grind it out, but I can’t see past City now seeing it out.

How did Liverpool show today that we won’t go unbeaten?

It doesn’t matter what it sounds like, 1 of the hard 1s out the way an still top

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was disappointed with Liverpool today, is it nerves? Thought salah was poor but was still surprised to see him subbed off. To my mind you keep your best player on the pitch, if there's one player in that Liverpool side who can score a goal from nothing it's salah
He’s been like that for a while though.
He has scored goals but I can’t remember the last really good game he’s played.
He looks to me he is worried about his injury.
He’s slow and on his heels to much.
He couldn’t tackle a wet paper bag at the moment.
He closes down but won’t tackle anybody .
Just hope he gets it back soon as we need him on top form.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whatever the Chelsea/City result today and wether Sarri keeps his job,he has galvanised his squad and turned a 6-0 loss around.
Hazard immense up front,but of course people on here know more :)

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Souness has embarrassed himself today. Makes a ridiculous claim then gets aggressive with the host. It’s fair that he’s passionate about the game but he’s made himself look foolish.