And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes, as I said in my first post on the subject, it shows solidarity with our Jewish fanbase.

I don't want to talk about this forever though, obviously I wouldn't shed a tear if we stopped singing it of our own accord. I just don't think fans of other clubs bombarding it and calling it racist chanting is going to help that's all.

Fair enough, actually.

It seems to be the bigger "sport" these days is taking more pleasure from other club's bad days, than your own teams good days.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
well im guessing Tashy enjoyed the FA cup draw :)

Just got back from the church having said a personal thanks to the big G. I think I cheered louder at that than when Agueroooooooooooo scored in Fergie time.
Oh it was good. Could well be a little clubs year and they don't come much bigger than liddle City. Wonder if they have VAR there. Nice little local derby game in the FA cup Chelsea v Utd good game for the neutrals to watch.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Now then, mr and Missis Tash are off down to Bournemouth from 1st - 3rd of March. Unfortunately 😉 City happen to be playing Bournemouth that weekend. It would be rude to not to try and get tickets for the game. Ave asked City re possibility of getting them through the club. One of me pals said they will be like rocking horse poo because there are not many tickets for the away fans. Anyone any suggestions of how or where to get a couple of tickets for TashyBoys mucky weekend bash.
Cheers boys and girls

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Now then, mr and Missis Tash are off down to Bournemouth from 1st - 3rd of March. Unfortunately 😉 City happen to be playing Bournemouth that weekend. It would be rude to not to try and get tickets for the game. Ave asked City re possibility of getting them through the club. One of me pals said they will be like rocking horse poo because there are not many tickets for the away fans. Anyone any suggestions of how or where to get a couple of tickets for TashyBoys mucky weekend bash.
Cheers boys and girls

We've been allocated 1100, went to Gold Away season ticket holders only. The sooner they get a new stadium the better.

D

Deleted member 1740

We've been allocated 1100, went to Gold Away season ticket holders only. The sooner they get a new stadium the better.

And have a half empty souless bowl??

Nah, i love the old stadiums, the more we lose to the corporate, the more it affects the atmosphere. Armchair ST holders wont understand 😉

D

Deleted member 15344

Yeah 😂😂

Seriously i still think with a bit of luck re the draw any english team could win the CL.

Theres still 2 places up for grabs for the CL spots so although domestically theres no chance of silverware, a top4 finish and a 1/4 or semi final CL run would be pretty successful imo.

Unfortunately owners/shareholders would rather a good CL campaign than winning a fa cup financially.

Fans want silverware but owners want money.
Chicken and egg scenario - the top players also want to play in the CL because that’s the biggest exposure for them - because of the financial rewards from the CL if a club does want to challenge for the title they need that CL football to attract the players . Arsenal recently won a number of FA Cups but were losing players because they wanted more than that. Domestic trophies unfortunately have gone backwards in terms of their importance - it’s a good day out but it doesn’t help a club move forward.

We as a club suffered when we lost regular CL football , top players left regularly even though we reached domestic finals and won one.

It’s not great for the fans and for the sport that it’s ended up that way but i only see it going further. Money ruining the game 😪

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah 😂😂

Seriously i still think with a bit of luck re the draw any english team could win the CL.

Theres still 2 places up for grabs for the CL spots so although domestically theres no chance of silverware, a top4 finish and a 1/4 or semi final CL run would be pretty successful imo.

Unfortunately owners/shareholders would rather a good CL campaign than winning a fa cup financially.

Fans want silverware but owners want money.

True for those actually competing for trophies. For those not, which is PL position 7 downwards, it's about having good football, seen to be competing at times with the bigger clubs attracting good players and also having a stable club that has a plan and progression to go forward. A plan that doesn't overstretch the club. Well, that's how I see from my p.o.v. :cool:

D

Deleted member 1740

Chicken and egg scenario - the top players also want to play in the CL because that’s the biggest exposure for them - because of the financial rewards from the CL if a club does want to challenge for the title they need that CL football to attract the players . Arsenal recently won a number of FA Cups but were losing players because they wanted more than that. Domestic trophies unfortunately have gone backwards in terms of their importance - it’s a good day out but it doesn’t help a club move forward.

We as a club suffered when we lost regular CL football , top players left regularly even though we reached domestic finals and won one.

It’s not great for the fans and for the sport that it’s ended up that way but i only see it going further. Money ruining the game 😪

I think the CL thing is a red herring now. Theres probably only 6/8 teams that are capable of winning CL.

Players dont need CL for exposure. PL football is widely marketed around the world now as arguably the best league in europe.

When clubs are making €90m for reaching the CL final theres no wonder The FA Cup has regressed in imporrance to win by owners and managers.

D

Deleted member 1740

A facility similar to The Amex would be perfect for Bournemouth...
Just make it more accessible...

Building something like that comes at a price though. Owners/investors want a return on their dosh and the only way to generate that is corporates and they want to see the better players etc

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the CL thing is a red herring now. Theres probably only 6/8 teams that are capable of winning CL.

Players dont need CL for exposure. PL football is widely marketed around the world now as arguably the best league in europe.

When clubs are making €90m for reaching the CL final theres no wonder The FA Cup has regressed in imporrance to win by owners and managers.
No, I think Phil is right in this instance. Players don't stick around for FA Cup wins. If they're good enough, they want to be playing in the Champion's League regularly. That's the elite competition. Similarly, managers of the big six clubs know that finishing in the top four will please their board a lot more than an FA Cup win, as it keeps the money flowing. Sad perhaps, but true.

D

Deleted member 1740

No, I think Phil is right in this instance. Players don't stick around for FA Cup wins. If they're good enough, they want to be playing in the Champion's League regularly. That's the elite competition. Similarly, managers of the big six clubs know that finishing in the top four will please their board a lot more than an FA Cup win, as it keeps the money flowing. Sad perhaps, but true.

So when clubs like Arsenal and Yernited who miss out on CL football, how come they still attract top players?

I agree players dont wanna just win FA Cups.