An audience with Adele

D

Deleted member 16999

As Homer said, it's his opinion. He has a right to it. There are lots of singers and bands that people like and others can't stand them. It doesn't make either side right or wrong. It's just an opinion. It's how it sounds to the individual ear.
But it’s an opinion based on untruths! ie, “very out of tune” “her pitch is definitely out” they are factual statements.

Basically we are saying people can spout any old crap by putting the caveat, imo.

No issue with anyone stating they don’t like or rate her, etc, I totally agree with you about individual tasted, but unless they are a professional in the music industry and can back up the facts, then its unsubstantiated garbage.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
But it’s an opinion based on untruths! ie, “very out of tune” “her pitch is definitely out” they are factual statements.

Basically we are saying people can spout any old crap by putting the caveat, imo.

No issue with anyone stating they don’t like or rate her, etc, I totally agree with you about individual tasted, but unless they are a professional in the music industry and can back up the facts, then its unsubstantiated garbage.

This forum, like many others, is full of unsubstantiated garbage, there's precious little point in arguing with the posters as they will never accept that they are wrong, or can't prove they are right

D

Deleted member 15344

Blimey - vocal and singing coaches on the forum now

music is always down to taste and their own personal opinion on if they like or not

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Yup. Its the principle tenet of social media. :D (imo)

D

Deleted member 15344

No-one is disputing that, it's just that some people prefer singers who sing in tune

She does sing in tune ?‍♂️ She doesn’t “auto tune” so her voice is raw and as you would expect every single artist when singing live without auto tune - all the best have done it - Freddie Mercury at times when singing live would have the odd note that would bounce out of tune or crack - just like Adele.

People can not like her music and that’s down to taste but her ability to sing is without question

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Not factual. Just to my ear it sounds that way. I don't like her voice simple as that and I resent the comment about spouting crap and a caveat of imo. Made it very clear it is what I think of her voice. Never said it was factual or gospel. If you disagree then at least do so in a civil manner please

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Blimey - vocal and singing coaches on the forum now

music is always down to taste and their own personal opinion on if they like or not
We'll bear that in mind when you're telling everyone your opinion on the football thread and bow to your FA coaching qualifications. It'll be a very dead forum if people have to be experts to offer an opinion on any subject

RichA

Visit site
She's written and performed some incredible, emotional songs that send a shiver down my spine.
But I've never bought any of them and couldn't bring myself to listen to 10 of them uninterrupted. Not my cup of tea, musically, but I don't understand why anyone would have strong negative feelings towards her or the music.
Considering she's an extraordinary talent who's probably been surrounded by sycophants and manipulators since she entered Brit school as a teenager, I always think she comes across as surprisingly normal and pleasant.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
We'll bear that in mind when you're telling everyone your opinion on the football thread and bow to your FA coaching qualifications. It'll be a very dead forum if people have to be experts to offer an opinion on any subject

World of difference between offering an opinion and stating that opinion as fact, which seems to be a growing trend. If the opinion is being stated as fact then whoever is stating it should be an expert.

D

Deleted member 16999

Not factual. Just to my ear it sounds that way. I don't like her voice simple as that and I resent the comment about spouting crap and a caveat of imo. Made it very clear it is what I think of her voice. Never said it was factual or gospel. If you disagree then at least do so in a civil manner please
So you can be disrespectful to a World Wide Superstar under the caveat of “in my opinion” and you find my comment resentful:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Get over yourself and have a read reread of your original post, as others agreed (post #112) you stated facts.

D

Deleted member 15344

This part I have to agree with. There are lots of excellent singers out there, but it's all too formulaic. To quote (sort of) Bob Geldof from the end of the 70's, the music scene is constipated with bland rubbish, and it needs an enema like Punk to clear it out.

I guess it depends on where you are looking. The mainstream charts etc mainly are dominated by “pop” music which will have those bland catchy tunes that sells

I guess if listening to the main stream radio stations that’s what will be heard but there will be no doubt lots of variety out there

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I still dont like her music and no complaining by the footy crew or whoever is going to change that. I would say Alison Moyet had a better voice.
Anyway, you lot carry on.....