An audience with Adele

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I always buy the CD, rip it to the PC to put on a USB stick in the car or play via the PC when working. Occaisionally I might even stick the CD on the Stereogram:)
My whole CD collection is on USB stciks that I can play in the car:)
I used to do that but with a streaming subscription I have a far wider selection to choose from, pretty much every album ever made. I can then stream all of these through the car. It's definitely widened what I listen to as I can just download a few songs from a band rather than buy a whole album.

With a subscription you aren't buying the music each time, it's like a library where you can take out every book if you want to.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Re Aussie Pink Floyd, have to agree, they are fantastic! Saw them at The Brighton Centre in 2017 I think. They must be good, my brother Rlburnside flew down from the Shetlands just to see them and that was after seeing them a few weeks earlier!
Totally agree. Saw them in Reading and were almost as good as the real thing who I saw at Earls Court. Best cover band out there. They are on tour so you may get a ticket if you're lucky and definitely worth doing https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/the-australian-pink-floyd-tickets/artist/3004754

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Totally agree. Saw them in Reading and were almost as good as the real thing who I saw at Earls Court. Best cover band out there. They are on tour so you may get a ticket if you're lucky and definitely worth doing https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/the-australian-pink-floyd-tickets/artist/3004754
Saw Floyd at Earls Court to, had the option to see the Assue PF just over a week ago at Hammersmith, but had too much work to allow me. Seen them a few times though, close your eyes and it's almost impossible to tell the difference:)

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't pay more than £50 to go to a concert or £30 to watch a sporting event. I won't contribute to their rip off earnings but if anyone else thinks the prices they charge represent value for money then go for it.

Re: Adele. She's been gifted with a good voice but I don't like her persona.

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
She's brilliant, end of.

Can't understand how anyone can like music and not love her voice.
Voice is most definitely something special.
I believe it's her, too often (bordering on 'constant'), depressing lyrics - or at least lyrics about depessing aspects of (her) life - that put many off her. Her apparent 'common' (inner lun innit?) speaking accent quite possibly doesn't help with some (snobs?) either!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Because we're all different.

I'm not so sure about that :unsure:
Listened to a guy analysing her new single (Easy On Me) in great detail and he observed how there were (occasional) times when she didn’t hit the pitch perfectly - but that was part of her authenticity. She doesn’t use any form of auto-tune, and he believes that the recording that is released is often the first take. She wants what we hear on the recording to be her voice, with all its nuances and emotion…and so when hear her live we hear very close to what she records, faults and all - and vice versa.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Listened to a guy analysing her new single (Easy On Me) in great detail and he observed how there were (occasional) times when she didn’t hit the pitch perfectly - but that was part of her authenticity. She doesn’t use any form of auto-tune, and he believes that the recording that is released is often the first take. She wants what we hear on the recording to be her voice, with all its nuances and emotion…and so when hear her live we hear very close to what she records, faults and all - and vice versa.

Whether she can sing in tune or not isn't the same thing as having perfect pitch

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

And in my opinion that makes her current single very painful to listen to. Very out of tune in places and sounds like she is struggling to find/hold the notes and her pitch is definitely out.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
You don't have to agree. As I CLEARLY said - MY OPINION
Yes you're entitled to your opinion. But you Clearly do not understand her style of singing. As the previous poster alluded to, she wants to sound live in her recordings.
When you listen to any live performance there are moments when notes are not quite there, you know, when the artist is showing the emotions in their voices.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Yes you're entitled to your opinion. But you Clearly do not understand her style of singing. As the previous poster alluded to, she wants to sound live in her recordings.
When you listen to any live performance there are moments when notes are not quite there, you know, when the artist is showing the emotions in their voices.

Riiiight. Cannot hit the notes in the recording booth. Yeah I did that on purpose to sound live ?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
As Homer said, it's his opinion. He has a right to it. There are lots of singers and bands that people like and others can't stand them. It doesn't make either side right or wrong. It's just an opinion. It's how it sounds to the individual ear.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Music is like art. Someone likes van gough, I like Lowery. Are we both wrong or right or have different tastes. I thought Adele was a breath of fresh air when she arrived. Now I get the same old same old. If she is singing about her life then the next album will be dedicated to the Samaritans. She is like a vocal Facebook where a “ friend” shows pictures of her dinner etc.
I now find her repetitive.
Re her voice and some of her notes. Homer is not the only one to see differences in her singing style. I wish her well As Much as I wish she could change direction. It sounds like she has had a lot of crap in her short life. Sadly she had a massive following that can relate to her songs. Have they had a rubbish life as Well. ☹️