An apology

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
First of all, thank you to the moderator who amended the title of my post and removed a word which seems to have offended some people.
In my defence, I'd say that I haven't been in the UK for nearly 2 years and thought that the word I used was more or less acceptable these days. It certainly doesn't seem to cause offence in a certain Scottish comedy series I recently enjoyed.
Anyway, I do apologise for any offence caused. It was not my intention.
Regards
S

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Still Game what a programme that was , pity about there ego trips as that was one of the funniest programs on the telly ,especially the hogmany one when the went Tinahulish my told everyone i was playing golf there , we were actually playing Machrahanish , daft mare. :D :D

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Still Game what a programme that was , pity about there ego trips as that was one of the funniest programs on the telly ,especially the hogmany one when the went Tinahulish my told everyone i was playing golf there , we were actually playing Machrahanish , daft mare. :D :D
I don't get the bit about ''ego trips'', Steve. I agree about ''Still Game''. The funniest thing I've ever seen on the telly. I'm a Glaswegian by birth and loved it. I just kept thinking that if only my Dad had been alive to see it. He would have laughed his b******* off!

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Shanker, the guys who wrote it Ford Kiernan and Greg Hemphill have had a falling out due to a clash of ego's. Thats why they haven't made another series.
Thanks for that, Andy. What a pity! I had read that Kiernan used to get stroppy after a few drinks but Hemphill seems OK. Anyway, it's a shame that the public (i.e us) are being deprived of more of their magic because of childish squabbling.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pity because it was a hit programme , my kids love it and have everyone on DVD same goes for Chewing the Fat , happy days.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never thought much of it to be honest, I used to watch it in the hope things would get funnier and funnier but it didn't for me, I thought there were plenty of funny lines along with stolen re-arranged scenes, but spread out amid a see of the slow, the bland or the ordinary.

Not really a great comedy classic by any means, but whatever floats yer boat I suppose. :D