American golf second hand clubs

shun_naka

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi guys

I've been golfing for about 1.5 years, been using a verrrry old set of clubs from gumtree that were just bought to see if I liked the game/could see myself playing for a while. Bought the cheap clubs to allow myself to buy lessons, and now I've had a good amount this year I'm ready to buy my own set

I'll build my set up slowly, my irons are still fine but the driver is a ping i20, 7degrees and I'm really struggling to hit it, the pro and other friends have said this along with buying new fairway woods (don't have any at present) should be my first purchase, with irons coming later

My plan is to get a new driver and woods for Christmas and irons in the new year. I'm planning to go to American golf tomorrow to try out some and I'm more interested in their second hand range, hopefully getting both a driver and a 3 wood for a reasonable price.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what drivers or 3 woods to look for (that they'll likely have in stock in the pre owned section) and what to look out for in pre owned clubs? Is it worth getting them re-gripped etc?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 16999

Try a few different ones out and when you've decided what you like or hit well, make a note of the specs and have a look on EBay etc.
Their latest offer has seen people buy cheap on ebay then get the double trade in off AG, AG are now selling at the price they paid, you might get a lot more for your money buying off Ebay.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good advice from Paul. The advantage of the bargain bin, I love that bin, is that you can whack a few balls in the net to try out that specific model. I have a few clubs in my bag from the bargain bin, driver, 5 wood and a lovely Nike Covert Hybrid that I picked up about 3 weeks ago, but the trick is not to dive in. As Paul says, some clubs are over priced in there. Be patient if a bargain is not to be seen. Either walk away or go onto Ebay. You can do well from it but not every time.

shun_naka

Club Champion
Visit site
I don't know many people that would be able to hit a 7° driver. I'd change that

7 degrees!!! Jeez!
If you find clubs you like you could try and pick up a second hand set cheap here http://www.golfclubs4cash.co.uk

Yep it's mental! My pro said the only good thing is because I've been hitting that for the last year, with decent results when I hit a proper driver I should notice a great difference. Driver is no.1 priority with either a 3 wood or 3/4 hybrid coming next

I'm going to head to AG tonight, have a look around their used section and see if there are any good deals, I'm hoping the trade in offer they have just now means there's a plentyful stock of used clubs available