Am I wrong?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Am after people’s opinions.

I decided with the upcoming trip to Scotland a waterproof bag was in order.
Yesterday I managed to find a Titleist stadry 5 for a bargain £129.99. As I have golf tomorrow I decided to get Ag to price match for collection today. They duly did so.

I went to collect it this evening and my local store refused it as the rival retailer had now sold out.

Imo they are out of order as I could have ordered it from either the original retailer, or themselves for delivery and got it at the lower price. In giving me the price match it’s my opinion that the rivals stock levels became irrelevant as they’d accepted a deal for my custom.

Thoughts?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Contract is a contract, verbal still counts.
They didn’t say they would price match unless the other shops stock ran out.

Raise cain
I would

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Depends how much you want to argue the toss with them. It could be argued that as you had previously agreed the price match you had entered into an inferred contract. It then comes down to proof/deniability. As they've already said they've changed their mind they are in fact saying yes we did agree it.

In reality, if they say do one there's not much you can do about it apart from escalate to head office.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
considering you can match the price.. buy online and have it saved in store for a pick up at a later date id say their wrong by a long way

btw cracking bag.. I got one second hand off ebay for £110 .. 3 months old.. amazing bag

D

Deleted member 16999

Mate, send elmoag a pm on here, works for AG head office and is very helpful.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The range and shop in Chatham , where Discount Golf Store operate is closing on the 31st March. They are currently doing up to 60 or 80 % off everything. (I cant find the email detailling the exact figure)
It might be worth giving them a ring and see what they have.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The range and shop in Chatham , where Discount Golf Store operate is closing on the 31st March. They are currently doing up to 60 or 80 % off everything. (I cant find the email detailling the exact figure)
It might be worth giving them a ring and see what they have.

Thanks. I’m heading that way over the weekend so may be a good idea. I’ve escalated it and currently awaiting a response. Hopefully they’ll see sense. Have used Canterbury many times before with no issues tbf. Didn’t recognise either of the staff members.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks. I’m heading that way over the weekend so may be a good idea. I’ve escalated it and currently awaiting a response. Hopefully they’ll see sense. Have used Canterbury many times before with no issues tbf. Didn’t recognise either of the staff members.
As stuff is going there, I would phone them and see what they have left and at what price. They have also now stopped opening Sundays.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dave PM elmoag. He works for AG and maybe able to help you sort something. He seems a decent fella from his posts on the double trade in thread

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
bag aside its good news that week for us, guaranteed not to rain now you have splashed out for a waterproof bag.

when were you coming up again might book a few days off to enjoy the sunny weather;)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I’ve messaged their pricematch team. They’ve made the deal so will give them a chance to refer it initially.

Patrick, I’m up in March for the turnberry meet. If buying a bag guarantees sunshine I’m willing to make the sacrifice!

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sounds like a sound starting point and then go to social media if you aren't happy with the outcome (give him chance to look into it and come back first)

Had a similar situation with richer sounds a few weeks back when I asked them to price match a soundbar. Difference was they called me back to say the site I had asked them to match now had the item in stock and would be happy to go ahead and took a bit more off to beat that price.

That's what I call customer service.

D

Deleted member 17920

Am after people’s opinions.

I decided with the upcoming trip to Scotland a waterproof bag was in order.
Yesterday I managed to find a Titleist stadry 5 for a bargain £129.99. As I have golf tomorrow I decided to get Ag to price match for collection today. They duly did so.

I went to collect it this evening and my local store refused it as the rival retailer had now sold out.

Imo they are out of order as I could have ordered it from either the original retailer, or themselves for delivery and got it at the lower price. In giving me the price match it’s my opinion that the rivals stock levels became irrelevant as they’d accepted a deal for my custom.

Thoughts?
Papas, if you don’t get what you want from AG and you can wait till Turnberry send me an Email with what you want and I will see if I can get you one from our shop.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Papas, if you don’t get what you want from AG and you can wait till Turnberry send me an Email with what you want and I will see if I can get you one from our shop.

Cheers mate, I’ll keep ya posted. I’m sure I’ll get it sorted. New seasons bags coming out atm so expect price drops elsewhere will sort it one way or another.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had a similar situation with richer sounds a few weeks back when I asked them to price match a soundbar. Difference was they called me back to say the site I had asked them to match now had the item in stock and would be happy to go ahead and took a bit more off to beat that price.

That's what I call customer service.

Indeed. Shows some can get it right. Interesting to see if AG sort it. Sure they will

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Elmoag is AG'S main guy on here and is high up the ladder. He sorted out a problem for me on an occasion a while back, I'm sure he'll help. I'm sure I gave his mobile number if he doesn't respond to a pm

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'd say this is an easy one, they definitely should price match it for you, since you checked first they cannot stand behind "store x is now out of stock" since you could have bought it at the time you made the decision to go with their price match.

I've argued far more trivial price match issues before so stick with it.