Alterations to WHS?

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Yes I find that very strange.

And that very strange as well.

This has already been picked up at a local course, certain players who blobbed a hole, entering 'did not play' rather than 'played but did not score'. Both versions show zero points, but one counts the hole as a nett par for your handicap and the other nett double....

As stated before, most wont know or care when entering their score....

Swango1980

Visit site
This has already been picked up at a local course, certain players who blobbed a hole, entering 'did not play' rather than 'played but did not score'. Both versions show zero points, but one counts the hole as a nett par for your handicap and the other nett double....

As stated before, most wont know or care when entering their score....
I've heard of a few players that do that at my club for general play rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot more do it, but it has simply never been noticed. I wonder if the the handicap secretary gets a report that can show players that had Did Not Play holes, as I suppose such a report could quickly show where people are doing it wrong.

Larry long dog

Visit site
This was answer to 2024 WHS changes

Communications to clubs and counties will be within the next week and webinar's for these changes will be set up in November and Face 2 Face workshops next year.
From the 1st April so we're able to support clubs/counties with understanding of the changes.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Is MyEG not good enough for you (or whatever App is relevant to your location) :)

To be fair, I've a friend who has a spreadsheet that contains every one of his scores for years and years, so that he can pull up all sorts of historical stats from his history. Although this isn't the behaviour of the average golfer. In fact, he contributes to this forum fairly regularly
The proper course handicap gives you an indication of playing to handicap. But as the handicap index is an average, playing to handicap means it's better than the lower scores in the average. Except when a good one is the 20th and is going to drop off. So no reliable indicators there. I like to know what I have to score to retain my handicap and what I have to score for a cut, even if it just a miniscule one.

Genu9

Visit site
This was answer to 2024 WHS changes

Communications to clubs and counties will be within the next week and webinar's for these changes will be set up in November and Face 2 Face workshops next year.
From the 1st April so we're able to support clubs/counties with understanding of the changes.
Did they actually confirm what the changes are or is it still a secret?
Worse than MI5.....