Almost ever shot is going left now

jamiet7682

Visit site
Distances look fine, pretty much exactly what i hit each club after 1 year of playing.
The going left issue is one for the pro to sort out, i would assume he has a plan to sort it once he is happy everything else is in place.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Distances are just about the same as mine, mind you I’m a senior ? depending on your age and with a bit more practice you will probably hit farther.
I’ve never used a 4 iron and only know of 2 players that use them and they are below 10 h/c , most nowdays use hybrids so much easier to hit, I’ve also dropped my 5 iron in favor of a hybrid.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
How were the distances measured? LW and SW would be an issue going forward but for now OK. As others have said stick to the drills and if it goes left go back and ask the pro the question why when will it get fixed

How were the distances measured? LW and SW would be an issue going forward but for now OK. As others have said stick to the drills and if it goes left go back and ask the pro the question why when will it get fixed
Just at the range they have some computer that tracks the ball and noticed both they clubs were roughly going the same

mteam

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Quite easy to think the balls going off line when thats where your aiming check your alignment/aim

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Quite easy to think the balls going off line when thats where your aiming check your alignment/aim

This would be my first point of call. Take your stance as you normally would and then lay a club along your toes step back and see where it's pointing. Because that's where you are aiming.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Those numbers seem strange

It is OK to round them off a bit.

My clubs have a "threshold", once I am over it I go up a club and maybe grip down a little to take 5 yards off rather than hit the shorter club harder.

I have very similar distances to the OP for that reason. For example my 52* comes in at 90 yards, the PW at 100 etc. These are not the distances I hit the club but the distance I start to select that club so I am always slightly overclubbing.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just at the range they have some computer that tracks the ball and noticed both they clubs were roughly going the same

Depending on what balls you use on the course you may find actual distances are a little longer than that when you play. Range balls tend to be reduced distance and t will also depend on how the range monitor was set up. Just something to bear in mind.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
It is OK to round them off a bit.

My clubs have a "threshold", once I am over it I go up a club and maybe grip down a little to take 5 yards off rather than hit the shorter club harder.

I have very similar distances to the OP for that reason. For example my 52* comes in at 90 yards, the PW at 100 etc. These are not the distances I hit the club but the distance I start to select that club so I am always slightly overclubbing.

Of course it's ok to round off, I'm just saying that once you round up/down and use guesstimates for distance and then equalize the gaps between each club you don't really need to ask anyone else if they 'seem right' because they 'seem' exactly what they are... artificial... and only of use to the OP

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
you don't really need to ask anyone else if they 'seem right' because they 'seem' exactly what they are... artificial... and only of use to the OP

I see your view there, very much like my approach, my numbers in others hands would result in over clubbing massively.

I doubt many on here pull out a 9 iron when 115 yards out, I just have my method and it works for me.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I see your view there, very much like my approach, my numbers in others hands would result in over clubbing massively.

I doubt many on here pull out a 9 iron when 115 yards out, I just have my method and it works for me.

9I for 115? I would ?

Re distances, its always seemed like everyone’s drive goes further than mine but it stopped being any kind of issue a long time ago, in fact the only distance that really matters to me is how far is it left/right of where I was aiming

The OP could do worse than looking at dispersion over length (in fact he should have a read of your 3-goal method) LINK

Dunno if I’ve said it out loud before but I’m a fan of that thread and as a shorter hitting high cat3, it might be more relevant to players of my ability.
I’ve actually played the last 3-4 rounds only hitting hybrid off the tee to be 90% certain of being on a fairway rather than 60/70% certain with 3w or 50% with driver, even on par 5’s. Then hitting 5 or 6 iron + a.n other to get up to the green

It’s quite an eye-opener to realise how you can safely score a 5 or 6 on most Par 5’s with a hybrid, and a couple of irons to get you near to the green then pop it on and take 1 or 2 putts. job done (y)

Just back from my lesson this morning, played 3 holes with the pro.
1st hole was par 3 got my 5 iron out and slightly left. Pro explained the reason it went left was because I wasn’t turning fully in my swing. Hit it again straight as an arrow.
2nd hole par 5. Was worried about my driving and first drive did go left but got a good 200 yards. Pro explained it was my grip and my right thumb should be slightly left on the grip.
3rd hole another par 5 and hit the driver about 230 he said and straight down the middle.
Was delighted with that lesson now know that i need to make sure my grip is spot on and I follow right through.
Even hit a few good 3 woods today although i did lift my head on one of them but again it was pointed out right away my mistake was fixed right away.
Would be great if you could take a pro out with you every time you play and they let you hit another when you hit a bad one lol

Springveldt

Visit site
Depending on what balls you use on the course you may find actual distances are a little longer than that when you play. Range balls tend to be reduced distance and t will also depend on how the range monitor was set up. Just something to bear in mind.
Sounds like Top Tracer since "it's a computer thing". I'd imagine it would have been calibrated to take into account the balls, would be totally useless otherwise.