Allignment issues

ricardodaintino

Head Pro
Visit site
The good news, I've cured my slice!

The bad news, my allignment is all messed up!

I've been working really hard on my swing recently, keeping it inside or on the line to stop coming across the ball and adding nasty slice-spin.

Brilliant, its working... however I now seem to be hitting it right of target now. Its manageable with my irons but the fairways and driver obviously exagerate it.

Any ideas? My feet and shoulders all seem alligned and as far as I can tell 'm on the right swing path? I think I must be somehow blocking my swing at impact, so I'm not getting a full turn and end up coming through the ball at the wrong angle.

A wasted bucket of balls yesterday didn't get me through the issue!

(P.S "See the pro" would be great, but as a young man with a young son, £££££ not possible at this time!)

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I was blocking right, my pro got me hitting balls with my feet together using only half/ 3/4 swings.

I would think because your coming from the inside and really thinking about it, your follow through is carrying on, on the same path. You need to turn the hands over and release to get the club coming back around your body. Its all about gettng square at impact.

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
I used to have the same issue, my pro got me hitting the ball with my right foot 6" further back than my left foot. I believe this exaggerates the bodies natural ability to spin and you find that you are forced to turn more.

Certainly cured my inability to hit straight, you will gradually notice yourself needing to do it less & less also.