AG trackman distances

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Tried Calloway Epic and Ping G400 at AG today and come away somewhat confused, trackman had them coming out at around 200-220 carry total around 235. Then he altered the screen to a par 4 on a course saw fairway bunkers and asked what distance they were he said ‘240’ so I said ‘ I wouldn’t reach them then’ hit most into the bunker and a good few past. Epic came out at carry 233 total 258 Ping came out carry 242 total 258, so I asked why the difference between hitting on the screen and then on the screen that was on a golf hole.

He just said ‘ it’s different when you alter the screen to a golf hole on course’ now the I would have thought this would have come out at the same distance on whatever he alters the trackman too, is this just a ploy to suck you into thinking I can hit this driver farther than that’s realistic?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tried Calloway Epic and Ping G400 at AG today and come away somewhat confused, trackman had them coming out at around 200-220 carry total around 235. Then he altered the screen to a par 4 on a course saw fairway bunkers and asked what distance they were he said ‘240’ so I said ‘ I wouldn’t reach them then’ hit most into the bunker and a good few past. Epic came out at carry 233 total 258 Ping came out carry 242 total 258, so I asked why the difference between hitting on the screen and then on the screen that was on a golf hole.

He just said ‘ it’s different when you alter the screen to a golf hole on course’ now the I would have thought this would have come out at the same distance on whatever he alters the trackman too, is this just a ploy to suck you into thinking I can hit this driver farther than that’s realistic?

Definitely sounds like a ploy. Your swing won't change dependant on a screen in front of you so I can't see how it'll make a difference to your distances

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There was a thread on this a week or so ago. In it there was a link to two American bloggers showing how Trackman or equivalent could be manipulated. It could alter to warmer climates, harder fairways, higher altitudes. One change alone added around 30yds roll out.

Maybe your man picked a course in Texas during August 😁.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
There was a thread on this a week or so ago. In it there was a link to two American bloggers showing how Trackman or equivalent could be manipulated. It could alter to warmer climates, harder fairways, higher altitudes. One change alone added around 30yds roll out.

Maybe your man picked a course in Texas during August .

Ha ha no wasn’t Texas was a course in England recognized it at the time but can’t remember it now. Take your point though

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Don't know if they do change the settings but they certainly can

I use Trackman and the like occasionally for some distance control work

The settings can be changed to reflect if you're playing at altitude, to convert from range balls to normal balls (adds around 10%) etc

Not sure about the specific setting change you refer to though, it sounds odd :confused:

If possible I'd always prefer to actually see the real ball flight on a range to compliment the trackman rather than just hitting into a net...especially before spending on new clubs

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don't know if they do change the settings but they certainly can

I use Trackman and the like occasionally for some distance control work

The settings can be changed to reflect if you're playing at altitude, to convert from range balls to normal balls (adds around 10%) etc

Not sure about the specific setting change you refer to though, it sounds odd :confused:

If possible I'd always prefer to actually see the real ball flight on a range to compliment the trackman rather than just hitting into a net...especially before spending on new clubs

Going to have 2 rounds with my brother ‘Golfmmad’ at the weekend and he has just got the Epic so will have a go of that then I will see what the correct distance is.