Affordable Golf

BennyBoy85

Visit site
Has anybody ever had any issues with Affordable Golf?

I ordered this earlier in the week, and it arrived today:

https://www.affordablegolf.co.uk/m6-tasabhm

The club seems to be brand new with no visible marks and the head is shrink wrapped, however the headcover is clearly second hand and well worn. The TaylorMade branding is heavily soiled and is now a shade of brown rather than the intended white. It also has grass/dirt still on the inside.
The website also states that a dozen free balls will be given, but these are nowhere to be seen.
Struggling to get hold of anybody via phone and I'm not too keen on sending an email when it could easily go ignored.
Just wondering if this is a one-off or whether people have had similar issues with them previously.

Got overcharged by £25 on my putter this week. Noticed and went back the next day they were trying to BS me saying the price on the club was wrong £250 and it should be £275 told them just give me a re fund and ill buy it round the corner for £250. Guy then said ok you can have it for £250 lol

Myblueheaven

Visit site
I tried to part ex a set of irons against a new set off them.
The whole process was a nightmare, ended up going to golfbidder, much much easier. And then buying new clubs from AG.
There customer service is shocking imo

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
They are legit but very hard to contact! If you call them you just get a recorded message saying use the contact form on their website. So you use that and they generally get back to you in like, two working days.

When I ordered my trolley from them, they emailed me to say they had a stock issue and would I mind it in another colour? I tried to reply saying that's fine but they'd contacted me on a no-reply email, so I had go through all the same crap as you. :LOL: Sorted eventually though as I say, just use their form and put all the order details in, you should hear from them in a few days (probably Tuesday since it's bank holiday weekend now).

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They are legit but very hard to contact! If you call them you just get a recorded message saying use the contact form on their website. So you use that and they generally get back to you in like, two working days.

When I ordered my trolley from them, they emailed me to say they had a stock issue and would I mind it in another colour? I tried to reply saying that's fine but they'd contacted me on a no-reply email, so I had go through all the same crap as you. :LOL: Sorted eventually though as I say, just use their form and put all the order details in, you should hear from them in a few days (probably Tuesday since it's bank holiday weekend now).
Ironically you can reply to no reply emails something's and they read it!!

Not always tho

BennyBoy85

Visit site

I’ve had the same experience so far. I’ve now filled in the form on their website and hopefully I’ll hear back from them next week.

D

Deleted member 23344

I bought a club from them on eBay a couple of years ago and it came without the head cover in the photo. They said that it wasn’t mentioned in the wording and so it wasn’t included. I felt a bit miffed, but swallowed it. A few months later I tried to buy another club from them on eBay and they had blocked me!! Just for questioning whether there should have been a head cover ... and I have 100% rating on 1,600 plus transactions. Total dickheads.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Never had an issue. They're local to me and used them loads over the years. Online and in-store. Not used them for a couple of years though and they moved to a new store in Hillington. Maybe it's gone downhill a bit. Shame as I've been toying with going for a custom fit there.

BennyBoy85

Visit site
Update on this...
I received a reply to my email yesterday which was very apologetic. The free ball advert was on the listing in error, but they have said they will honour it, along with sending me a brand new headcover.
Very impressed with the resolution, wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them again in future.