Advice rule

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
So you're lining up your putt, your fellow competitor glances to the next tee and sees the next group is waiting on the tee and he says take your time. Advice?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So you're lining up your putt, your fellow competitor glances to the next tee and sees the next group is waiting on the tee and he says take your time. Advice?

But, that's not what usually happens. "Take your time" is usually said when someone is holing out.

Diamond

Visit site
What about the person who says good putt 3-4 times a round and it never goes in and does this every round you play with them. Should they be horse whipped?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
But, that's not what usually happens. "Take your time" is usually said when someone is holing out.

Ok, you're about to hole out and your fellow competitor glances to the next tee and sees the next group is waiting on the tee and he says take your time. Advice?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Yes. He’s clearly trying to influence the time you take based on knowledge. He could just say, “Group in front is waiting” and let you decide for yourself what to do with that information.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Jesus, it's a sorry state of affairs if people are really pulling up others for this. Nothing more than an innocuous friendly turn of phrase. Have a word with yourselves some of you. :LOL:
It’s nothing to do with personal opinion and it’s about obeying the rules of the game.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s nothing to do with personal opinion and it’s about obeying the rules of the game.
It's really not. :ROFLMAO: In the example given, someone says "mind if I finish out" and the other person says "Sure, take your time" and you're telling me that's giving advice and he gets a penalty?? That would be utterly laughable. I really wonder what goes through some people's heads when they're on a golf course. Thinking they're in the final group on Sunday at Augusta or something. Dear me.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

Not advice... it is a comment about the delay and slow blighters ahead....

"Take your time, it's a tricky down hill left to righter," however.... :ROFLMAO:

I play with a well meaning 70 year old sometimes who says, "great putt" just as it lips out, or "good ball" as it is flying towards the trees!!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
It's really not. :ROFLMAO: In the example given, someone says "mind if I finish out" and the other person says "Sure, take your time" and you're telling me that's giving advice and he gets a penalty?? That would be utterly laughable. I really wonder what goes through some people's heads when they're on a golf course. Thinking they're in the final group on Sunday at Augusta or something. Dear me.

Bet they drive at 9mph down the driveway to the clubhouse too even though its a 10mph limit

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

"Take your time, it's a tricky down hill left to righter," however.... :ROFLMAO:

I play with a well meaning 70 year old sometimes who says, "great putt" just as it lips out, or "good ball" as it is flying towards the trees!!

My old man - about 2 seconds after anyones shot :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Visit site

Is this not coaching advice? :p

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I agree with you a lot of the time about when rules should be changed but that’s no excuse to break them as they stand. Poor form if you do and I would definitely report your transgressions to the committee, as much as it might pain me to do it.

The old adage of “Just how many rules do you justify breaking” applies and I’ve seen some real chancers in my time.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I agree with you a lot of the time about when rules should be changed but that’s no excuse to break them as they stand. Poor form if you do and I would definitely report your transgressions to the committee, as much as it might pain me to do it.

The old adage of “Just how many rules do you justify breaking” applies and I’ve seen some real chancers in my time.
Take your time, there's no hurry, the guys in front are still on the tee.
Advice?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
See Post 2
Ok, you're about to hole out and your fellow competitor glances to the next tee and sees the next group is waiting on the tee and he says take your time. Advice?
See Post 2
Take your time, there's no hurry, the guys in front are still on the tee.
Advice?
See Post 2

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Lol you've lost it this time mate. Anyone says that in the real world and I guarantee it goes over everyone's head and nobody gives it a second's thought.