Advice On Best Places to Go To Football Matches Abroad

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Madrid and Dortmund were my two top initial thoughts and don't mind paying a bit extra to get to the match we want, how did you go about getting tickets?

Napoli should be amazing as well and await to hear your thoughts on it after the match. Enjoy and hopefully you'll see a good game

for Real tickets they sell about 3/4 weeks before the match on the website I got mine by joining the lad a Madridsta member to get advance sales was 15euros got 7 of that back off stadium tour admission and also bet the queue!

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
FC Magdeburg German 3rd div.

We had Them take in a game at FC united a couple of months ago before a friendly at BWFC.
Take a look, Premier league stewards would have their hands full with these boys :cool:

[video=youtube_share;LCy8D1J-HV4]https://youtu.be/LCy8D1J-HV4[/video]

Last edited:

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Real Madrid is awesome, easy ground to get also using the underground. just get off at Santiago Burnabeu.

Bayern is a great atmosphere, felt like one great big pub cause everyone seemed to be drinking and having a good time in the stadium. Again easy ground to get to, as they have a train that runs to and from the ground on matchdays.

Both places are great cities to visit and enjoy the local hospitalities.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
St Ettienne, I'm no football fan but the atmosphere in "le Chaudron" (the Cauldron) was somethng else,

If St E stay up try for games against PSG, Lyonaisse, Toulouse or Monaco you wouldn't be disappointed

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd vote for Ajax. New direct Eurostar route opening up from April and you get the bonus of being able to enjoy all that Amsterdam has to offer as well as seeing the football.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
River Plate V Boca Juniors make all the rest lool like choir boys, just a bit further to travel :whistle:

Was there outside the Juniors grounds on Boca/Plate match day a few years ago. Was offered tickets but turned them down before i realised what l was turning down! One of my few holiday regrets ...

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
What about the new ground at White Heart Lane, hard pressed to get a better atmosphere than that:)

Dortmond would be a good choice.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'd vote for Ajax. New direct Eurostar route opening up from April and you get the bonus of being able to enjoy all that Amsterdam has to offer as well as seeing the football.

They also have them very weird stand-up-and-have-a-pee-in-the-street-whilst-everyone-is-walking-past-loos.

Lanark_Golfer

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm going to Dortmund weekend after next, my mate organized it all a good while back. Well the Dortmund game only went and got moved to the Monday night for TV and they are playing Europa League game on the Thursday night now. We are now jumping on train to Hannover for the Hannover96 v Monchengladbach game. Looking forward to it :cheers:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Espanyol has a better stadium than the Nou Camp. Hamburg is a favourite of mine as well, but that's mainly because it's where my mums side of the family are from.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys and as I expected Dortmund came up more often than not although a couple of other interesting suggestions based on people's experiences and it really doesn't seem as hard to get tickets for some matches as I had originally expected.

We are hoping to make a trip a couple of times a year going forward so will get round a few of the ideas in the next couple of years.

River Plate v Boca would be an amazing experience alright shame it's just a bit far for a weekend trip.

Having said all that I don't imagine for one second that any of these grounds will provide anywhere near the atmosphere of a Dunfermline v Falkirk match😬