Advice for 1st competition in +35 years

Visit site
Won some cheese and salami 😂 Over here that would be a block of cathedral cheese and a packet of cumberlands.
😁👍
That aside if playing off 28 when you hit a bad one. Get it back on the fairways with the next. Course manage each hole. Blobs kill your round a single point won't.

Sound advice - sadly most of my scores were racked up from within 30 yards !!! - trending better now I hope

Last edited:
Visit site
46 points in last competition Ummmm. Was that for 9 or 18 holes!

Expect you will be popular but well played

I know what you mean but the reality is its mainly the product of my terrible scoring for my initial handicap

Don't think anyones too bothered (we don't play for cash prizes) - - and if that happens again so be it (will level out soon enough). The club champion was delighted for me as he saw me play better and score atrociously in a previous comp.
PLUS you must understand the pressure I play under - at every comp I'm asked where i am from by my PPs and when I say "io sono scozzese" they expect some kind of Sandy Lyle or Monty-esque performance :cautious:

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I know what you mean but the reality is its mainly the product of my terrible scoring for my initial handicap

Don't think anyones too bothered (we don't play for cash prizes) - - and if that happens again so be it (will level out soon enough). The club champion was delighted for me as he saw me play better and score atrociously in a previous comp.
PLUS you must understand the pressure I play under - at every comp I'm asked where i am from by my PPs and when I say "io sono scozzese" they expect some kind of Sandy Lyle or Monty-esque performance :cautious:

IO, I don't really know the answer to this but hopefullt someone does. But in England your 46 points would of got you a simply simply lovely cut. However even with that cut. You would still be able to shoot another 40 plus points. This would go down as two exceptional rounds in which you would get another cut due to two rounds of exceptional scoring. Your current or initial hcap could plummet. No pressure there then. Suffice to say, "bravo a segnarti bandito Messicano " 😂😂😂😂

That aside, if ever I am over in Ceriano Laghetto visiting friends, I will txt you for a game. It's on My bucket list to play in Italy. 👍

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
IO, I don't really know the answer to this but hopefullt someone does. But in England your 46 points would of got you a simply simply lovely cut. However even with that cut. You would still be able to shoot another 40 plus points. This would go down as two exceptional rounds in which you would get another cut due to two rounds of exceptional scoring. Your current or initial hcap could plummet. No pressure there then. Suffice to say, "bravo a segnarti bandito Messicano " 😂😂😂😂

That aside, if ever I am over in Ceriano Laghetto visiting friends, I will txt you for a game. It's on My bucket list to play in Italy. 👍
He was a BB many years ago. Aka A Bellshill Bandit

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Sound advice - sadly most of my scores were racked up from within 30 yards !!! - trending better now I hope
Know nothing of your game but as relatively new (back) I would suggest practicing a bit chipping with the less lofted clubs, 5 to 8, even a hybrid. Poor strikes with those are generally less damaging.
Keep practicing the more lofted ones also of course, but use them when confident.

Visit site

You'd be very welcome