Tour Rookie
Visit site
Members Midweek Winter Stableford Competition
Individual Stableford
10 Holes, Handicap Allowance: 95% Gent's Tees: Yellow, Ladies Tees: Red
Earliest Booking Time: 9:00am
Non Handicap Qualifying
Entry Fee: £4.00

The above is a Competition that the pro will be running weekly until the end of March 2025. All the conditions to me seem to be in place at our Club regarding length, tee positions +/- 10 yards/ temporary greens, preferred lies etc.

The reason it is 10 holes is it is just as easy to make it 10 as 9.Another reason I expect is that some members play later in the day and a full course will restrict them I. 2/3 months time.

I have not asked but is there any reason why there could be a reason why it is non handicap qualifying? The reason I have not asked is there there have been something I have missed and some on here will be able to correct me. We have 18 holes qualifying at the weekend during October.

wjemather

Visit site
Maybe it in NQ as they believe that will make it more popular?
Scores are either acceptable for handicapping or they are not. Reduced holes competitions are acceptable as long as the course is rated appropriately and the minimum number of holes are played (9 for a 9-hole score, 10 for an 18-hole score).
The rules of handicapping cannot simply be ignored because the pro wants more entrants to their comps or someone thinks it should just be a bit of fun - hint: all club comps are only a bit of fun!