Advantage of Blades over Cavity Backs

GeneralStore

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I was told by the fitter that my current mizunos need to be adjusted more upright and need a stiffer shaft, along with needing to be regripped. I worked it all out and its that or sell my current clubs, take the cost of adjusting them and add another £ 50 and get a new set of clubs, which makes more sense to me.

I went and hit the MP53's again and the JPX 800 Pros, I hit them about the same, a little bit more consistency with the JPX 800 Pros and a much better feel with the MP53s, so thinking of going with them.

In my opinion, the MP53s are closer to my MX 200s than the JPX 800 pros, main difference seems to be the size of the head, so slightly towards the toe on the MX200s can be a mishit on the MP53s and a bigger loss of distance.

Any opinions or advice on the matter?

A

Alex1975

I use MP-53s and I took a long time to pick them. I tried every other club that I thought I wanted and hated the look of them all. I was then stuck with the problem of looks/feel over no looks/distance/forgiveness. I was in a position where now(xmas this year) was the time to buy new clubs and that I would not find a budget for them for a few years in the future so they had to last. I put faith in the fact that my swing would improve and I am sure I will get stick for this but I have found that I strike the ball more cleanly now because I have to, when it happens its a lot more rewarding than with a GI club.

Do I love my MP-53: Oh yes, very much!!
Do I sometimes wish I had gone for the JPX Pro: yes Sometimes

So for me looks and feel of the strike were more important to me in the long run and its not like they are harsh I just think they can be a little short at times.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use MP-53s and I took a long time to pick them. I tried every other club that I thought I wanted and hated the look of them all. I was then stuck with the problem of looks/feel over no looks/distance/forgiveness. I was in a position where now(xmas this year) was the time to buy new clubs and that I would not find a budget for them for a few years in the future so they had to last. I put faith in the fact that my swing would improve and I am sure I will get stick for this but I have found that I strike the ball more cleanly now because I have to, when it happens its a lot more rewarding than with a GI club.

Do I love my MP-53: Oh yes, very much!!
Do I sometimes wish I had gone for the JPX Pro: yes Sometimes

So for me looks and feel of the strike were more important to me in the long run and its not like they are harsh I just think they can be a little short at times.

Al, would love a hit with your 53's at the PPE on the range if you'll let me!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Alex...nice video, when I was watching it, this came up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOD-OdFxBQg&feature=fvwrel
which shows this guy reviewing all the mizuno clubs. Quite interesting.

Ah yes, thats Mark Crossfield, I watch everything he does, I think he is very good at making his point and he has a sweet swing!

Ditto :D love his real world reviews, all manufacturers should pay him, agreed re his sweet swing, wonder why he doesn't make it on the local tour

GeneralStore

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just wanted to thank you for your advice. I ended up going for another fitting session and went with the MP 53s

The stiffer shaft and the extra length helped alot, probably more than the actual club head itself.