Adjusting Length of Driver

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi, did you mean to say consistently straighter also? I've only hit mine half a dozen times since, on the course , but so far 100% success.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I took an inch off mine last week. £3 at the shop.
I've only been out at the range so far, so difficult to gauge the difference but it definitely felt more comfortable and the driver finally "fitted" me.
I suppose the real test will be on the course, but I'm confident I'll see some positive results.

leewestrudd1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i'm hitting it straight when i have the 'correct' swing when i havent it stgill fades/slices,i feel more comfortable at address and once i get my weight transfer and swing sorted i'm sure it'll be the right club for me!

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played today for the 1st time with my wee driver. I applied about 2" of tape to the bottom and I hit every fairway. I've never been as straight. 3 birdies and an eagle. 40 points. let's hope it wasn't a one off.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi, I searched the R580 (not specifically XD) it could be 45.5" long. I'm a shade under 5ft 10 inches and was playing with a 46" club. I shaved .75 off it and still choke down on the shaft a bit, theres just less sticking out at the butt end then before.

If you want my advice I would say yes you can afford to lose some length of the shaft. Do you already choke down on the club? If not then experiment a bit by choking down to see if you see any difference before reducing the shaft.

I might go even shorter but I want to see how this goes first for at least 6mths. I can honestly say that so far so good, nice straight drives more often than before.

The thing that struck me was the huge difference in length from the original driver (46") and my irons. It seemed disproportionate. Dont forget the stock shaft in all clubs have to cater for the taller person so how can they be ideal for someone 6ft2 and someone 5ft7?

I would like to know what height TM for example have in mind when making standard clubs, anyone know?

Spinn77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks Saw, maybe i'll try choking down on it a touch to see what the results are like. I hadnt really thought of making any adjustments to it till i read the post, worth looking at to see if i can cut out the odd pull/hook.