Adidas Tour 360 Shoes

T

thecraw

I was just wondering how many guys (and gals) on here have ever owned a pair of these or indeed own a pair. I bought a pair last October and they are the most comfortable shoes ever. However they let in water like nobodys business. Adidas claim they are 100% waterproof but everybody I have spoken too (who have owned a pair!) have had them replaced or got their money back, somebody has even had three pairs replaced.

Surely too God Adidas must realise there is a problem with the shoe!!!!!!!!!!!!! So why keep selling them?

If this was an isolated problem then I can understand but I know of at least 30 people who have had to send back the Tour 360 model shoes.

Anybody else had problems?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just had a problem with adidas powerband which cost £85. They are cracked along both soles. Have sent them back and am awaiting a response. Incidentally the people I had to contact was taylormade. My shoes also leak.

Cheap chinese junk!!

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
TC, your mantra is one that has been voiced many times. I had 3 pairs on the space of 2 months from Nov '07 to Jan '08 and my problem was that the leather kept flaking of at the crease at the toe area and it eventually sprung a leak at the same place. Took them back to AG who said it was the first time they had heard of such a problem ..... MY ARSE !!!!!!

Boabski is on his 5th pair and even Mike Harris (Ed) said he has had issues with them too. The pro at my course (Shotts) has stopped stocking them and said anybody can make golf shoes but only FootJoy make shoes for golf.

I have the new ReelFits and they are the mutts nuts.

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought 2 pairs of the 360's when they 1st came out and trhey leaked like a tea bag.

I bought a pair of fjoy gelfusions and they are as good as the day i bought them and that was 3 years ago.

In my opinion footjoy are the only shoes to buy if you want them to last and be water proof.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I bought them when they first came out and have had nothing but trouble.

I had my first pair for my annual hols in Portugal and they flaked!

The second pair leaked,and the third,and the fourth!

I got bored and bought some My-Joys.

One Year later and they are still comfortable and water proof...QED!!

golfcitydweller

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i`ve had 2 pairs replaced ,and if they weren`t so bloddy comfy i`d have changed to footjoy`s ...1st pair leaked and the 2nd pair were`nt breathable and kept the moisture in and they started to stink the car out..so i`m on ma 3rd pair seem ok so far ,only had them a couple of months!!contacted adidas -no reply!so wouldn`t advise anyone to buy them ..go with footie`s

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The other criticism I have of a lot of other brands shoes is that they look more like a pair of trainers than golf shoes. I like golf shoes to look relatively smart.

I'm coming round to that way of thinking rapidly MWJ. I wouldn't wear trainers anywhere apart from the gym so why wear them on the course?

I struck the middle path last time by buying a pair of these:-

http://www.hi-tec.com/category.php?styleId=3780

and they seem to sort of cut the middle ground between trainers and 'smarts'.

waterproof enough but as ive said elsewhere- they've been an absolute b@gger to break in.

The Stingers need replacing after about 40 rounds which I'm a little surprised at but having not owning cleat-style spikes before I don't know how long theyre meant to last. I'm pretty sure using the electric shoe cleaner probably shortens their life quite a bit.

Having finally come in yesterday without any new injuries ive decided to stick with them and save for a pair of these:

http://www.footjoy.co.uk/catalog/mens.asp?c=11&s=50892&p=all

If a typical course is 6000 yards and you add the best part of a thousand to that for errant shots, to/from the course etc. then times it by once a week golf: 7000 yards x 52 rounds = 364,000 yards or just over 200 miles a year.

That's 200 miles where every step is your hard won leisure time and set aside for enjoyment , not the heavy headed plod to work.

I think this is probably quite a conservative estimate too (at least for people like me who are ahem less than accurate)

only two more years with the Hi Tec's while I save up then :D

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is a sign of the level of quality of Footjoys that you ask for a recommendation on most bits of golf kit on this forum and you get 50 different options but ask about shoes and it is 'Footjoys' for pretty much everyone.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I bought a pair of adidas shoes about 5 years ago and tried everything (and I mean everything) to break them in. Thought I was going to end up with permanent blisters it was so bad.

There are sooooo many problems with Adidas shoes.

1) They seem to make them a 1/2 size smaller than every other manufacturer. I am an 8 (bog standard in every shoe I wear for work, golf, football etc). When I tried a pair of 360's a few weeks agao minutes after a pair of Nike and Footjoy both fitted, it was a squeeze to get my feet in

2) They leak. Adidas have had a problem with leaking shoes for several years. They say they are waterproof but the truth is they aren't end of story. If you send them back and are lucky enough to get another pair you then have the joy?! of breaking them in as well)

3) Customer service is shocking. The reason why you are having to send them back to TaylorMade is because they have bought out the Adidas golfing brand (Adidas as a concern is still owned and run from Germany for other sports). Taylormade has no direct return policy and any faulty products have to be returned via point of purchase. This means either having to haggle with the retailer to resolve the issue which fortunately if it is AG or a local pro isn't necessarily to bad. However if the retailer can't/won't resolve the problem you have to wait for the sohe to go back to TM and then wait for a refund or replacement

I think it is high time this obvious problem was highlighted. It may be worth as many people as possible writing to GM letters to flag it. Alternatively it may be something for a programme like Watchdog or Which magazine.

I have never bought Adidas since my problems. It is Footjoy all or Hi Tec for me (although I have my eyes on a couple of the Nike 2008 models due for release soon). It's a shame that Adidas have produced such poor golf shoes because I have always used their trainers, football boots (even as a kid in the 70's) and their running shoes (when I was fit).

They do produce some quality kit, particularly their golf shirts which are pretty stylish and made with climate control for a cooling effect in summer.

Take the baton golf forum members. Start a lobby and lets see if we can't get results

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
touch wood had mine for 2 month bought on ebay for £40 and they are again the most comfortable shoe and so far 100 per cent waterproof.......heres hoping they stay like that!

T

thecraw

Think your being a wee bit harsh Homer. My adidas shoes are the most comfortable shoes I have had on my feet, they really do feel great. My problem is that I can get wet feet walking down the fairway never mind going into wet rough.

Adidas shoes are smaller made thats for sure but you just need to buy half a size up.

I think i'm more annoyed at myself as I was warned well in advance even before I bought my shoes that they would leak and so it transpires they do!!!!Grrrrrrrrrrr.....

I think I will try and find an email address for TM/Adidas and contact them direct giving them this link as well.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Seems little point in having the most comfortable shoes ever if your feet are going to be wet and cold after one hole.

Why do Adidas have to make their shoes smaller. No-one else does so why can't an 8 be an 8

T

thecraw

tried to email adidas last night and got a system message failure delivered back today!!!! Wonder why.

Can anybody find an email adress for TM/Adidas that we can bombard!