Adding onto someone else’s booking

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
almost certainly they will be a couple of older chaps who race round and like to be first out so that no one can hold them up

easiest way to check is book say 7.20 next time and see if they add their name to yours or just book 7.00 again. that or ask them :)
I'm with this one ☝, suspect they also wish to zoom around. Book in a little after, if they are quick you maybe don't catch them. If you do, you can explain the preference to go ahead of them and they know you aren't hanging about either.

sunshine

Visit site
No have never played with them and have only really played with two other people on a semi regular basis throughout winter last year. Never Had any words with anyone at golf and the odd game I’ve had with people they have always said they enjoyed my company and we should get a game again but I don’t play much down there.

Yep, they don’t like you, probably because you keep booking the 7am tee slot that they think they own ?

There (notice spelling) are old guys who are very set in their (you might not recognise that word) ways and they’re (you might not recognise that word either) probably happy you keep dropping out because that is a win for them.

Either that, or they’re (that word again) members on this forum having great fun winding you up.

G1z1

Visit site
How long does a solo round take you, with nobody in front?
Around 2 hours give or take 10/15mins.
@sunshine This is the first time I’ve been down Troon in 2/3 months and I remember there names because they kept adding onto my slot in the winter when I was down there but funnily enough they never added onto my name when I was playing with others it’s only ever when I’m solo.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
@sunshine This is the first time I’ve been down Troon in 2/3 months and I remember there names because they kept adding onto my slot in the winter when I was down there but funnily enough they never added onto my name when I was playing with others it’s only ever when I’m solo.

OK, around 2 hours is quick, possibly too quick
You are looking to improve dramatically, you need to take a tad more time to plan and execute your shots, im not talking about a 5 minute pre shot routine, but an extra 30 seconds per shot, plan- execute- analyse - learn

Rushing around at 90 MPH will do you no good and may be making you worse
Just my opinion, im probably very guilty of this too.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm afraid I see no attraction in sprinting around 18 holes like that or solo golf. I would leave my name in place and join them. You never know, you might actually enjoy it.:)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
If I 100% want to play a solo round or few holes I will look to an afternoon and see if there is a period of a few empty tee times and put my name down in the middle - gives flexibility for others wishing to play and not with me. If there isn't such a period then I might well still put my name in an available slot but I'll expect to have others pop in with me. If I really only want to play by myself I'll send them a message saying that I'm going out for some holes - maybe just a few - and move myself to another tee time - I wouldn't expect them to rebook though they might.

If I want to play and there are no empty tee times but room to add myself to another group I will do that but will message all the players in the slot what I've done asking if I can join them. I cannot recall ever being 'rebutted'. Two-ball matches can have the other two slots booked by our pro shot to 'Match'.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
OK, around 2 hours is quick, possibly too quick
You are looking to improve dramatically, you need to take a tad more time to plan and execute your shots, im not talking about a 5 minute pre shot routine, but an extra 30 seconds per shot, plan- execute- analyse - learn

Rushing around at 90 MPH will do you no good and may be making you worse
Just my opinion, im probably very guilty of this too.

This!

And take the time to drop a ball and replay a shot after a bad one.

Nothing replaces time on the course, enjoy it!