Adams hybrid opportunity

dotty001

Challenge Tour Pro
www.quidco.com
i can honestly say this is the most jealous ive been of one of these great GM giveaways

im green with envy , love the look of adams clubs

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Thank you to Paul O'Hagan and the GM team for an excellent opportunity and of course Duncan Finch and the Adams team for their advice, guidance and selection of Adams fairway & hybrid clubs which will hopefully fill some gaps and bring my game on even further to where it is now. All representatives of both companies on the day were excellent hosts. Also a special mention has to go to a very enthusiastic Golf Monthly photographer, Kevin Murray, who no doubt loves his job and also grabbed a club and ball at every opportunity, even with some dodgy ribs, but that's another story ;)

I was the first to arrive on a very hot and muggy day at Studley Wood Golf Club in Oxfordshire so I was tasked and called up first to the Flightscope with Duncan with an ever growing group of individuals building up and watching from the wings. He asked me to warm up with my 4 iron which unnerved me straight away so I reached for my 6 iron and hit a couple of balls, who warms up with a 4 iron? After a brief warm up and taking some divots out of the lush green practice area, Duncan then had me hit my current 4 iron and current woods to get some stats into the Flightscope, where I continued at times to take some more divots, the lads were now getting worried there may not be any grass left soon! After having all the stats explained to me we then started to go through the bag of various Adams 3 & 5 woods and hybrids with various shaft combinations and general club-head weights.

The sweat was pouring from me at this point, not just due to the extremely hot weather but I was now attempting to hit balls off the floor with various woods & hybrids under the gaze of my peers, something I haven't done before, whilst Kevin (photographer) and Paul were taking many pictures and video clips meant for a very alien environment and I was strangely quite nervous, especially being the novice of the group, but I soldiered on and although I hit some decent balls, I was trying too hard at times and attempting to take the skin off the balls whilst removing even more lush green grass ;)

After all the stats were in-putted into the Flightscope removing some of the duffers, the overall averages compared to my existing 3 & 5 woods and the Adams hybrid against my current 4 iron showed an average increase of 12 yards per club even though I was giving away 2 degrees on my current woods!

The 3w which was matched to me was an Adams Speedline Super LS 15 degree with a regular shaft, and the 5w was an Adams Speedline Super LS 18 degree again with a regular shaft, this was a surprise as I currently have very lightweight (39s) stiff shafts in my 13 degree 3w & 17 degree 5w. The hybrid I was matched to was a Adams Idea Tech V4 19 degree but this was with a stiff shaft! Although only 1 degree difference to the matched LS 5w, the difference in shaft and length filled a gap perfectly between the 5w and my current 4 iron.

It was quite a lot to take in at times as 1 club was being passed to you after another but I am looking forward to receiving the clubs and adding them to my bag and hopefully they will bring my game on even more as that has been an area which has most definitely cost me distance and shots before.

After watching the others take their turn on the Flightscope with Duncan, where they continued to follow my lead in digging up the practice area, I continued to melt in the blistering sun. Once completed we then all went out onto the course after lunch, which again was provided for us. We were all very hit & miss off the tee and some fairway shots with the selected clubs which Duncan was carrying in his dodgy buggy were, to say the least, not pretty at times, but, they will be, as far as for me, and I am sure for the others too, very much, work in progress.

Thank you very much to all at Golf Monthly & Adams along with Studley Golf Club for an excellent day and excellent opportunity.

Last edited:

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Cheers Tiger. Well Fish had some gaps at that end of his bag, and having seen him play a few holes from 150 in would not be surprised to find him hearing the snip snip sooner.
The DHYs that Hunka Turf was fitted for are def worth a look for anyone who is not keen on typical hybrids. He seemed to be hitting them great on the fitting and I was not sure he was going to hand them back.
BigSlice, well he may need to consider changing his forum name very soon!

Personally I was not sure how I would find the non black finish but it was fine, am used to a pvd face from my existing driver and these heads are not a bright white.

Small thing but I did like the head covers for the hybrids and f woods - I like shaft covers and they are leather I think.

Jury out for me on the driver head covers though.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Some pictures

Adams Fitting.jpg

Duncan watches from the shade of the Adams tent whilst I continue to melt in the sun and take some divots from the lush green grass.

Davy & Paul.jpg

Davy being interviewed by Paul, I hope these are edited well ;)

Flat Cap at Studley Wood GC.jpg

Davy and myself Twittering, the (Andy) cap had to come out, my bonce was like a red hot poker.

Four at Studley Wood GC.jpg

We did some strange poses which will be interesting to see when the day is published.

Ian on the FlightScope.jpg

Ian going through the motions under the watchful eye of Duncan.

View attachment 6479

I was looking for this smart chappy, but he wasn't there :( ;)

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Brilliant write up guys.

Made me have a look at the Adams site, and I must say their gear looks the business. The IDEA CMB irons look gorgeous.

The number they came up with was 80 yards!

Sure they didn't say 18. ;)

Either way the guys at TaylorMade will be gutted if they read this. :D

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
im still tired after 6 hours driving home, but well worth it. not looking forward to the utube clips but I have heard they are getting in Kenneth Branagh to do the voiceover for thick Scottish accent:D. I will post a full report once ive had time to compose it. but for now thanks Golf Monthly and AdamsGolf Europe for a great experiance

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some pictures

View attachment 6474

Duncan watches from the shade of the Adams tent whilst I continue to melt in the sun and take some divots from the lush green grass.

View attachment 6475

Davy being interviewed by Paul, I hope these are edited well ;)

View attachment 6476

Davy and myself Twittering, the (Andy) cap had to come out, my bonce was like a red hot poker.

View attachment 6477

We did some strange poses which will be interesting to see when the day is published.

View attachment 6478

Ian going through the motions under the watchful eye of Duncan.

View attachment 6479

I was looking for this smart chappy, but he wasn't there :( ;)

I didn't see Mike, was he there when I was on the trackman?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
this is class :thup: hope you'll become a regular fixture on here. I'm sure the guys and gals would love to pick your brains on Adams clubs. #1 hybrids :)

You can follow Duncan at @DuncanFinch88 on Twitter and see where he is doing fitting days and other stuff ;)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
:whoo:

Adams1.jpg
Adams2.jpg
Adams3.jpg
Adams4.jpg
Adams5.jpg

They'll get their first run out in our Friday chuck-in at 1pm :thup:

Just waiting on the V4 Hybrid which is following.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
right ive had time to digest what happened, so here goes. (fish has received his clubs so im typing this hoping mine come the day).
so i travelled down to birmingham and stayed in stalag 17 or more commonly known as a travelodge. next day travelled the 60 miles down to studley wood golf club for the fitting. i was a little nervous at the thought of the utube clips never mind the fitting. so shut your eyes when watching it as i have a face for radio!!!!
i will say that fish was trying to hammer every shot and that if he took a more controlled swing he will easily get better results. i was second and warmed up with a 5 iron!!!!!!!!!! but instead of hitting wild shots i was in control of things and enjoying it. hit a few with my fairway and hybrids then went over to the adams gear.
right this isnt some adams gm sucking up but i noticed my dispersion suddenly went from say 30 yards ish down to 20 ish. everything seemed to get tighter. thats what got me, amazing.
i was trying the super dhy 24 the tech v4 19 and the super ls 18 fairway and according to the trackman i had a nice gap between them. some of you may have noticed the 19 and 18 lofts!!!! i just cant hit a 15 wood of the deck i really struggle so i have a 17 just now that i hit 200 210 ish and i was hitting the 18 220 so a ten yard increase.
also i cant stress how easy these clubs are to hit. sometimes i have to put a lot of concentration into my shots but with these clubs it was effortless.
we went out for 18 holes but i only played 9 as i realised i was 6 hours from my bed!!! but duncan came out with us with a bag of adams clubs and we got to hit them (top bloke)
again thanks Golf Monthly and Adams Golf Europe for a great day. and from what i can see Adams are making a move in the UK and Europe for a big share of the market.
i would also consider in the future of travelling back to Oxford to be fitted by Duncan Finch. he put as all at ease through out the fitting and explained a lot to us with trackman figures.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
:whoo:

The Matt bats have arrived

WP_20130628_002.jpg

Looking forward to giving them a whirl over the weekend, or maybe even tonight if weather holds
:swing: