Abusive call through

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Wow, some interesting points and opinions. But stripping it back to the bare bones, a single caught a 2 ball up and the 2 ball was a little slow, no pun intended, in letting the single through. After that, it becomes a little subjective. Was the comment about managing speed said tongue in cheek? We'll never know, but taken on face value it was a bit silly. Either way, the OP handled it superbly. What's the point of arguing with a potential idiot?

Did the OP knock balls up behind them a little too close? Again, we'll never know. And, equally, what is too close for one person may not affect the next.

I guess its just one of those happenings you get in life. A bit annoying but not life threatening, a bit like an irritating gnat buzzing around the bedroom when the light goes off. No doubt the angry guy in the 2 ball isn't spoiling his cornflakes about it, so why waste anymore time on it?

Parky24

Medal Winner
Visit site
Wow, some interesting points and opinions. But stripping it back to the bare bones, a single caught a 2 ball up and the 2 ball was a little slow, no pun intended, in letting the single through. After that, it becomes a little subjective. Was the comment about managing speed said tongue in cheek? We'll never know, but taken on face value it was a bit silly. Either way, the OP handled it superbly. What's the point of arguing with a potential idiot?

Did the OP knock balls up behind them a little too close? Again, we'll never know. And, equally, what is too close for one person may not affect the next.

I guess its just one of those happenings you get in life. A bit annoying but not life threatening, a bit like an irritating gnat buzzing around the bedroom when the light goes off. No doubt the angry guy in the 2 ball isn't spoiling his cornflakes about it, so why waste anymore time on it?
Very well articulated

D

Deleted member 25172

Why does nearly every thread descend into bickering. I for one am sick and fed up of it.

Just imagine if the original post, as a cherry on the top, had mentioned that one of the alleged abusers would’ve had black socks on.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
as it is an opinion it can't be wrong as pointed out.
Opinions can not be wrong, they can be challenged however as in most cases it’s done respectfully.

As I often played as a single I was glad to be let through, often by the older generation players, they were well educated.

sunshine

Visit site
Opinions can not be wrong, they can be challenged however as in most cases it’s done respectfully.

As I often played as a single I was glad to be let through, often by the older generation players, they were well educated.

But it's very clear here that parky is uneducated. Inability to read the rules, shocking grammar, lack of common sense. All combines to paint a picture of an ignorant and stubborn person.

Although I suspect a troll...

Parky24

Medal Winner
Visit site
But it's very clear here that parky is uneducated. Inability to read the rules, shocking grammar, lack of common sense. All combines to paint a picture of an ignorant and stubborn person.

Your a disgrace. You are the one who is abusive and disrespectful. This thread was clearly at a natural end and you have to launch a personal attack.

D

Deleted Member 1156

For the entire duration of this thread I've been trying to work out how the call through in the OP was 'abusive'. Perhaps an unnecessary comment from the guy but abusive? :unsure:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Threatening Body language, tone, unnecessary confrontational behaviour, rude comments... abusive is s general term . If I was having a bad driver day he might have been asking the R and A to reduce the 460cc head sizes. But I wasn’t and I was my happy go lucky self - a pleasure to be around. 🙂
For the entire duration of this thread I've been trying to work out how the call through in the OP was 'abusive'. Perhaps an unnecessary comment from the guy but abusive? :unsure:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

And I suspect a snob!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Threatening Body language, tone, unnecessary confrontational behaviour, rude comments... abusive is s general term . If I was having a bad driver day he might have been asking the R and A to reduce the 460cc head sizes. But I wasn’t and I was my happy go lucky self - a pleasure to be around. 🙂
OK thanks, that wasn't made clear in your OP (y)

D

Deleted member 1147

Thank you for enlightening me to the rule change I was not aware. However I still maintain my opinion and as it is an opinion it can't be wrong as pointed out.
I don’t know where the hell you get that from?
I read loads of opinions on this forum which are nearly always wrong!