About to give up - seriously!!

jeardley

Head Pro
Visit site
as above but stick an old shaft or length of garden cane in the ground just in front of your left foot up towards your left hip. Leave enough room for good weight transfer but if you throw your hips you'll push it over.Then concentrate on firing the right knee as said above and you should finish with your belt buckle facing the cane.

Start with half swings but full finish then 3/4. Then try hitting balls.

Worked for me, hope it helps.
Jim.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I had this problem a while back and started to concentrate on straightening the left leg through impact, it stopped my sliding the hips through pretty much straight away, once I got the timing right. Maybe worth a try at the range

Chris

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
My advice would be to forget the fact that you were once off 4 as a junior and just enjoy the game at whatever level you can now get to (11 isn't bad by the way). I appreciate it will be frustrating but to get to 11 you must be doing something right. You were probably better at football when you were 16 too but you wouldn't try (or expect) to get to the same standard at 53 would you?

I'm not saying you should give up on targets and trying to improve but they have to be realistic and you may simply be expecting too much.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
According to both pros I have been to, I have a tendency to "throw" my hips laterally at the ball on the way down rather than turning and clearing my hips. I know I do it - I just CAN'T stop it.

Don't slide your hips laterally to the RIGHT on the backswing, try and just rotate them so that your right hip feels like it turns behind you. On the way down it DOESN'T MATTER if you slide your hips towards the target as you rotate them, just make sure that you are getting your weight onto your left foot and end up in a nice finishing position through the ball. Note: Don't LEAN to the right on the downswing with your upper body, if the hips are going one way and the upper body goes the other you will lower your swingplane and pretty much always hit the ground before you hit the ball.