Aberdeen

tincup

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all, after some info on Aberdeen if anyone could help please.
Me and hid are staying at the Malmaison next month for one night.
Having never been to Aberdeen before does anyone know if there is anything in the city centre to do and can anyone recommend anywhere nice to eat on a night?
Also how close is the Malmaison to local restuarants, bars?
we will be there pretty much all day on a Saturday so any info would be greatly appreciated.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
The Royal thai in Crown Terrace was fantastic last time I was over (a good few years ago now mind) their aromatic duck was out of this world too.

stef92

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Obviously I have only been here a month or so… and have only visited places that are swamped with students mostly.

But, what I would say is whatever you are looking for you will be able to find it!

Last edited:

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having never been to Aberdeen before does anyone know if there is anything in the city centre to do and can anyone recommend anywhere nice to eat on a night?
we will be there pretty much all day on a Saturday so any info would be greatly appreciated.

i'll find out on Monday when i'm back to work mate , i work with lads from there .Plenty of pubs nice plays to eat just of Union Street the main street.There's a new shopping center called Union Square beside the train station.

Drop the wife in there and head up to Murcar or Royal Aberdeen for a game there 5 minutes from the center. Oh and wrap up it'll be bloody freezing .

T

thecraw

Obviously I have only been here a month or so… and have only visited places that are swapped with students mostly.

But, what I would say is whatever you are looking for you will be able to find it!

Yip, coke, speed, eccies, sulph, weed, you name it!

level5s

Head Pro
Visit site

Malmaison is up the west end of the city centre, walking distance if the weather is acceptable and the HID is not in heels otherwise taxi. There are a few decent bars on the way down to the city centre.
The food in Mal is excellent, top Italian would be Rustico; many good indians Jewel in Crown/light of bengal/cinnimon. Union square is full of chain type places (Prezzo/Ask/TGI etc etc).

enjoy

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Definitely Rustico. I've been up there working on and off for a couple of years and never had a bad meal in there. There's also a good Indian a couple of doors from there. Plenty of pubs to chose from. If you are a whisky drinker I recommend The Grill Bar halfway along Union St. It's nowt to look at but the whiskey selection will just blow your mind.

RobbOnTheRock

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Best Indian in Aberdeen is the jewel in the crown on crown street.

Some really good pubs in Aberdeen, can't go wrong with taking a trot along union street checking out the pubs. Union square is brilliant it was much needed.

My favorite spots are, hogs head, ma Cameron's and the prince of Wales. All great places for a pint and all located around Belmont street area (ok prince of Wales is closer to markies).

For golf, there are great courses close by, Auchmill, Balnagask, Hazlehead and King's Links.

Gosh I'm getting really home sick now!

Cheers
A Kincorth loon.........
Can't wait to go back....

Last edited:
B

birdieman

Have lived in and around Aberdeen for several years in the past. Pubs are the most concentrated on the ground in the UK I believe. I really liked Under the Hammer on Golden Square, Old Blackfriars is good at the north end of Union Street, I also liked the Star and Garter on Crown Street as a wholesome pub with good Czech beers on tap.
Cafe 52 on The Green alway did great food.
Short drive out of Aberdeen the Lairhillock restuarant at Maryculter is a nice country restaurant with an excellent carvery, food was always good.
There are loads of restaurants and a multiplex down at the Beach.