A-Z vinyl collection

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Could be quite a mellow day tomorrow; Glen Campbell, Carpenters, Nat King Cole. Could get a little livelier with Eric Clapton & The Crusaders. Just need to keep Mrs. BiM, the hi fi & the David Cassidy away from each other :sick::sick:

Last edited:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Could be quite a mellow day tomorrow; Glen Campbell, Carpenters, nat King Cole. Could get a little livelier with Eric Clapton & The Crusaders. Just need to keep Mrs. Bim, the hi fi & the David Cassidy away from each other :sick::sick:
Cheap Trick live at Budokan will liven things up.(y)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Was Dave Brubeck Quartet with his jazz classic Time Out, and Blondie’s Parallel Lines neck and neck for most of the race, and then suddenly from back of the field came Bronski Beat with Age of Consent (1984) and it just such a classy piece of perfect pop. Sorry Dave - and so sad to have to look away from the lassie with the classy chassis - but the Bronski boys have it.

My B is therefore Bronski Beat with their brilliant Age of Consent

Btw Bowie would have probably featured had I got my fave Bowie albums in vinyl - but I don’t.

Lots of C to choose from - Walter Carlos, the Carpenters to the Crusaders via Clapton, Cray, Croce and many more. Oof!

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Visit site
What's the rules on compilation albums? Is Crossroads Revisited a C or is it down to the actual artist name; or can I claim that as it's listed as Eric Clapton & guests, it's good?

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Ok I know I said I wouldn’t and that there could be repercussions, but the years of Mrs BIM playing David Cassidy had obviously seeped into the remaining brain cells and I’m going to admit that I am a secret DC fanboy

This is my favourite album
3CF56028-77E4-4292-8E1D-48E865A7E54D.jpegHow can I be sure is just an all time classic song.

And while I’m at it, I also have been a secret admirer of Miley Cyrus from her Hannah Montana days in the mid naughtys. Love that free spirit

This is great
503E2C78-61DA-4E87-B420-0AB13DEFF5D4.jpeg
Such a great voice and one that can only improve as she gets older.

Some will say I’ve sold out, but I’ll just whack them with a wrecking ball

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Could be quite a mellow day tomorrow; Glen Campbell, Carpenters, Nat King Cole. Could get a little livelier with Eric Clapton & The Crusaders. Just need to keep Mrs. BiM, the hi fi & the David Cassidy away from each other :sick::sick:

You lucky person. Yesterday, HID, "Oh, have listen to this." She only hit me with the Partridge Family. Mind you, I did have a thing for that Susan Dey back then.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Ok I know I said I wouldn’t and that there could be repercussions, but the years of Mrs BIM playing David Cassidy had obviously seeped into the remaining brain cells and I’m going to admin that I am a secret DC fanboy

View attachment 29613How can I be sure is just an all time classic song.

And while I’m at it, I also have been a secret admirer of Miley Cyrus from her Hannah Montana days in the mid naughtys. Love that free spirit

This is great
View attachment 29614

Slightly surprising there Rich....:unsure:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Ok I know I said I wouldn’t and that there could be repercussions, but the years of Mrs BIM playing David Cassidy had obviously seeped into the remaining brain cells and I’m going to admin that I am a secret DC fanboy

This is great
View attachment 29614

Just chocked on my cornflakes.

Fragger will be along soon to ban you until I have played Z. My diagnosis is you are beyond all help.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

This is great
View attachment 29614

Please tell me she's grabbed your laptop and put this up? Surely it can't be you?!?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Retrospectively joining this

My A was Tori Amos' album Little Earthquakes
My B was Roy Buchanan's When a Guitar Plays the Blues
There was a lot of competition for C but in the end I went for Albert Collins' Cold Snap (a lot of pressure here from Leonard Cohen, Kim Carnes, Eva Cassidy and Creedence Clearwater Revival)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm sticking strictly to the title of the thread - which means for 'C' I can't consider the Crusaders brilliant Rhapsody and Blues or Street Life albums as I only have these on cassette. The only Crusaders album I have on vinyl is Ghetto Blaster - much of it is excellent, but frankly much of it is also just too 1980s drum machine and synths.

My wife and children are finding this amusing - sorting all my vinyl alphabetically. I've meant to do it for years - and hey - I've got a good reason to actually do it. Not sure whether to include my Scottish and Irish trad and folk stiff in my alphabetic - I probably will. But will keep my classical collection separate - but will include it in my considerations :)

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Please tell me she's grabbed your laptop and put this up? Surely it can't be you?!?

Brian, she hasn't, the answer lies in post #44; I believe there has been a serious abuse of moderator power in that my account has been Fraggered. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

His only mitigation is being a bit more stir crazy than normal... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I'm sticking strictly to the title of the thread - which means for 'C' I can't consider the Crusaders brilliant Rhapsody and Blues or Street Life albums as I only have these on cassette. The only Crusaders album I have on vinyl is Ghetto Blaster - much of it is excellent, but frankly much of it is also just too 1980s drum machine and synths.

My wife and children are finding this amusing - sorting all my vinyl alphabetically. I've meant to do it for years - and hey - I've got a good reason to actually do it. Not sure whether to include my Scottish and Irish trad and folk stiff in my alphabetic - I probably will. But will keep my classical collection separate - but will include it in my considerations :)

I played Beethoven's piano concerto #1 yesterday - thanks for that Hugh. This led me to go looking for some of my favourite music. Chamber music, especially with a harpsichord. Definitely a plus from the lockdown, having time to play stuff I haven't for ages.