A year to get fit and less fat

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Will need your John McEnroe tennis outfit then.

The thing is Bri when your a finally tuned athlete every muscle is so taught it doesn't take much to pull,of course you will never know this.

However I am rather looking forward to your before and after photo:eek:oo:

As an ex-county level 200m & 400m record holder I haven't got a clue about training every day;) and then there was the rugby in the winter... yeh, you're right. I might just have let myself go a wee bit...:ears:

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
interesting thread and I wish you all the best.

I'm interested in hear what kind of things will you be doing to get fit. Me & the wife are going to try and give up alcohol for november and try and do some proper portion control. Trying to get the motivation to go to the gym, but its hard!

what kind of dietary changes are you making, what exercises are you doing (in the gym or outside for free) and will they be specific to weight loss, tone up or golf flexability?

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
We now have 14 forumers (below) who have all committed to giving the challenge a go, and got all the stats, bar a couple who will post up on the 1st Nov.

Khamelion
Pauldj42
Hobbit
Paperboy
Bazzatron
The poacher
Sweep
Three
PokerJoke
Scott W
Adiemel
Rooter
RickG
Virtuocity

The forumers below have at some point replied in this post saying they are up for it, but as yet not made a commitment to taking part

GB72
FarneyMan
Bladeplayer
Slicer30
Marshy77

Come on, you know you want to, you be fitter, leaner, healthier, I have no doubt your golf will improve, you may even get rid of some of the aches and pains you have, as you'll be carrying less weight around.

Just give up one take away a week, fortnight or month, limit the crisps to one packet a week, or every other day, trying lowering your sugar in tea and coffee, if you can, try green tea.

Don't deny yourself anything you want, just count it in you daily intake, whether that be calorie counting, macro counting or however you are doing it. The idea is to make small changes to your daily habits, making them healthier so that they become a lifestyle change, rather than a dramatic stop term change.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Starting weight is a smidge under 14 1/2 stone, not a clue about body fat but I need to lose weight so I'll give this a bash.
I ain't read all the pages, what's the general crack?

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Starting weight is a smidge under 14 1/2 stone, not a clue about body fat but I need to lose weight so I'll give this a bash.
I ain't read all the pages, what's the general crack?

Just follow whatever diet, exercise plan you want, on the first of each month up until Oct 2016, post up your weight, measurements etc, I've got a spread sheet with graph, once we get to December and have a couple of months of numbers I'll post up a graph each month to show progress.

If you want you can post up you Neck, Chest, Hips and Waist measurements in CM's, and I'll keep track of those as well.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
interesting thread and I wish you all the best.

I'm interested in hear what kind of things will you be doing to get fit. Me & the wife are going to try and give up alcohol for november and try and do some proper portion control. Trying to get the motivation to go to the gym, but its hard!

what kind of dietary changes are you making, what exercises are you doing (in the gym or outside for free) and will they be specific to weight loss, tone up or golf flexability?

For me, I'm going to be eating foods that will provide the right level of macros (Fats, Carbs and Proteins) that will allow me to build muscle and lose fat, I hoping to lose around 2 stone of fat or around 15% body fat, while hopefully gaining a few pounds of muscle mass.

I'll be hitting the weights 5 days a week (2 rest days) and doing 2 or 3 HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) sessions per week as well.

I bought a book called "The permanent Pain Cure" by Ming Chew, to help me incorporate stretching into my exercise plan to help remove some lower back and groin pain, but also to help increase my flexibility.

Scott W

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We now have 14 forumers (below) who have all committed to giving the challenge a go, and got all the stats, bar a couple who will post up on the 1st Nov.

Khamelion
Pauldj42
Hobbit
Paperboy
Bazzatron
The poacher
Sweep
Three
PokerJoke
Scott W
Adiemel
Rooter
RickG
Virtuocity

The forumers below have at some point replied in this post saying they are up for it, but as yet not made a commitment to taking part

GB72
FarneyMan
Bladeplayer
Slicer30
Marshy77

Come on, you know you want to, you be fitter, leaner, healthier, I have no doubt your golf will improve, you may even get rid of some of the aches and pains you have, as you'll be carrying less weight around.

Just give up one take away a week, fortnight or month, limit the crisps to one packet a week, or every other day, trying lowering your sugar in tea and coffee, if you can, try green tea.

Don't deny yourself anything you want, just count it in you daily intake, whether that be calorie counting, macro counting or however you are doing it. The idea is to make small changes to your daily habits, making them healthier so that they become a lifestyle change, rather than a dramatic stop term change.

Started today - big push before Xmas. Hoping to pretty much cut out booze this month (except mens dinner at the club on 13th!)

Starting weight 16 St 4.6 pounds this am

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Weight - 87.7kg
% Body Fat - 30.1
BMI -27.6
Neck - 15.5"
Chest - 41"
Waist - measured at 39" but I wear 36" trousers. I got where to measure from this you tube video saying the waist is measured at the natural crease line when you bend to the side. For me that's just above the belly button, but I'm not Simon Cowell and wear my trousers lower!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hIDwEF9XwGQ

Hip - 41.5"

I feel like a right fat b**rd:eek:

Lost a bit of weight already :thup:

Weight - 86.2
% Body Fat - 33.1
BMI -27.2
Neck - 15.5"
Chest - 41"
Waist - 39"
Hips - 41.5"

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oops bit of a shock ,when i weighed myself in august i went just over 19st.
having since this morning its 20st 4lb.this im sure is due to not doing anything for a couple of months because of knackering my knee big time,im still in traction.so the diet will be seriously looked at until im fit enough to get about again.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
whats a bloke to do?
wifey has just been shopping and comes in and says ,oh i bought a couple of cakes as they were on offer,and i thought you might like a take away for dinner tonight.
is she trying my resolve or does she not want me to get thinner?

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
whats a bloke to do?
wifey has just been shopping and comes in and says ,oh i bought a couple of cakes as they were on offer,and i thought you might like a take away for dinner tonight.
is she trying my resolve or does she not want me to get thinner?

I had plans of not drinking during the week, back eating loads better and starting to excercise more.

Did very well Monday and then got a tweet yesterday for a comp I entered to say I'd one a few tickets in one of the boxes at Bradford for last nights game against Blackpool with a free meal and a fridge full of lager!!!

Whats a man to do!!!

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Currently sick so no exercise and stuck indoors for too long, hence, in my case, far too much food consumed.

I'll be starting next week :D

However the young lady who cleans my apartment did move the scales last week and they subsequently gave a lower reading, maybe I won't bother recalibrating them. :D

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Trying really hard - and succeeding - on the 'No Chocolate' front - so intake of chocolate is now zero - and I don't think I've substituted. However if weight is dropping off me then it's dropping by the ounce :(