A year to get fit and less fat

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Come the start another useful way to measure you progress would be to take a full length selfie, front on and side on, take the same shots on the first of each month, then come next year the before and after should be, as long as you've stuck with it, chalk and cheese.

In my best pants? Can I use a sock for extra, you know.. Packing???

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Completely cutting out chocolate for November. Eat far far to much of the goddamn stuff. No idea how much weight I might lose just by doing that - but let's see. According to my BMI I'm on the edge of being obese :(

Aiming to be in peak 'fighting' condition for start of next competitive season end March 2016 (mind you that would require losing near 3 stones if the charts are to be believed - maybe a bit optimistic/unrealistic)

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Completely cutting out chocolate for November. Eat far far to much of the goddamn stuff. No idea how much weight I might lose just by doing that - but let's see. According to my BMI I'm on the edge of being obese :(

Aiming to be in peak 'fighting' condition for start of next competitive season end March 2016 (mind you that would require losing near 3 stones if the charts are to be believed - maybe a bit optimistic/unrealistic)

3 stone in 20 weeks is tough never mind factoring in a christmas period. It is doable though with good discipline but if charts are saying 3 chances are you'll feel 100% better losing 2.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
3 stone in 20 weeks is tough never mind factoring in a christmas period. It is doable though with good discipline but if charts are saying 3 chances are you'll feel 100% better losing 2.

Oh I have no expectation whatsoever of being able to lose 3st (2 and 1/2 actually) by end March. I'm going to be interested to see how I am at end Nov by just cutting out chocolate and not increasing exercise (can you tell I'm not approaching this too enthusiastically...:))

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh I have no expectation whatsoever of being able to lose 3st (2 and 1/2 actually) by end March. I'm going to be interested to see how I am at end Nov by just cutting out chocolate and not increasing exercise (can you tell I'm not approaching this too enthusiastically...:))

If you were really good and stuck to a sensible diet, even without exercise you could do 2lbs a week, 20 weeks to the end of March, that's nigh a dammit 1.5 stone, through n a little light exercise, like a long walk once of twice a week at a pace where you just out of breath and the 1.5 stone is easily doable.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you were really good and stuck to a sensible diet, even without exercise you could do 2lbs a week, 20 weeks to the end of March, that's nigh a dammit 1.5 stone, through n a little light exercise, like a long walk once of twice a week at a pace where you just out of breath and the 1.5 stone is easily doable.

You should have a look at the batteries in your calculator. 20 weeks at 2lb a week is 40lb. That equates to 2lb short of 3 stone and not 1.5 stone

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bloody just pulled a chest muscle playing [wait for it] Connect 4:(

Just laid down to play with my daughter and reached for my first piece and pulled my chest muscle unbelievable.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site

Just laid down to play with my daughter and reached for my first piece and pulled my chest muscle unbelievable.

Guess you weren't warmed up enough, gentle stretching required before lifting heavy counters and par taking in those kind of strenuous activities

D

Deleted member 16999

Did you have to bring the missus on as a sub? Did she last the game?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site

I'm sorry PJ, I shouldn't laugh, but that's just too funny. U sound as bad as me!! Hope it gets better soon.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Met a friend yesterday who I hadn't seen since he moved to Germany late Oct last year. 7 stone lighter... yes, 7 stone in 1 year!! I actually didn't recognise him. A reasonable diet but lots and lots of exercise. Started off with gentle walks, and now its 5kms every night.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes funny for you lot but not me.

Terrible nights sleep due to being unable to lie on any side so had to lie on my back.
This leads to a quiet snore and a dig in the ribs from the wife[more injuries].

Had to skip the gym as well.

Ive got more injuries personally than all the Arsenal squad put together.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Yes funny for you lot but not me.

Terrible nights sleep due to being unable to lie on any side so had to lie on my back.
This leads to a quiet snore and a dig in the ribs from the wife[more injuries].

Had to skip the gym as well.

Ive got more injuries personally than all the Arsenal squad put together.

Hahahahaha.... oh, me sides... sorry, oh me side... you're killing me. Next time you play anything energetic you need to dress to impress. sweat bands on wrists and head are a minimum.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hahahahaha.... oh, me sides... sorry, oh me side... you're killing me. Next time you play anything energetic you need to dress to impress. sweat bands on wrists and head are a minimum.

Will need your John McEnroe tennis outfit then.

The thing is Bri when your a finally tuned athlete every muscle is so taught it doesn't take much to pull,of course you will never know this.

However I am rather looking forward to your before and after photo:eek:oo: