A to Z E.D.M.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If this doesn't make you smile on a dark and dreary day like today then I don't know what will...

Greig-Believe it or not, this old(yes) fart really liked this-haven't listened to The Alan Parsons Project yet but will later ( god, last bought/listened to his classical type works +'The Turn Of An Empty Card' in the 80s/90s)
What d'ya think-Hope for me yet:eek:?

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Got my eye on a couple of these brilliant little Korg Volca units. Everything from FM Synths, Beat makers and analogue samplers. All battery powered and under £150 each. Impressive kit and they all interlink via MIDI.

Is great you have been buying kit to play with. In that vid would liked him to have popped the room lights off for a moment - so many lights on the kit!

Not claiming this as a classic but it popped up recently and I have no recollection of it first time around. We were reminiscing on 909s & 303s a few pages back

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Acknowledge we may have different perceptions of 'old school' ? Good stuff although I'd probably want to pitch it down a tad for my ears.
Dang, was trying to not think about altering the tempo - been trying to come to terms with maybe moving the SLs on ?

1996 falls (just) in my old school bracket (91-96). Tesox was an Acid Techno project, hence the slightly higher BPM than the likes of The Pump Panel.

IainP

Visit site
1996 falls (just) in my old school bracket (91-96). Tesox was an Acid Techno project, hence the slightly higher BPM than the likes of The Pump Panel.
? Were you referring to Ego Acid (liked) or something else from them?

Suppose my frame of reference is likely something like this. Not sure if production quality was good enough back then but might be fun on a speaker test.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
? Were you referring to Ego Acid (liked) or something else from them?

Suppose my frame of reference is likely something like this. Not sure if production quality was good enough back then but might be fun on a speaker test.

Yeah, I was thinking kind of Ego Acid/Herman’s Head type. Bit slower, not much granted.
Funny you mention production quality, I was going through some vinyls the other day and the mastering quality on some of them is terrible, but back then I either didn’t notice or didn’t care.

Think I am going to do another run of selling the chaff on Discogs in the new year, managed to sort about 100(ish) in to a ‘don’t need’ pile. That should generate funds for a new driver at least ?

IainP

Visit site
Right, a little request and maybe a tenuous link to the reason for this forum.

You tube joker Alex Etches is always using a particular tune which just about sneaks into the poppy edge of this genre of music I reckon, and it is bugging me. So who can put me out of my misery, what is it?

Comes in at around 12 mins here (spoiler - he's proper excited with the stealth+)

Ta

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Right, a little request and maybe a tenuous link to the reason for this forum.

You tube joker Alex Etches is always using a particular tune which just about sneaks into the poppy edge of this genre of music I reckon, and it is bugging me. So who can put me out of my misery, what is it?

Comes in at around 12 mins here (spoiler - he's proper excited with the stealth+)

Ta

"I Just Can't Change My Emotions" - Basixx Feat. LaKesha Nugent (c.2019 ish)