A little note to all - Pls read

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cant donate as i had jaundice as a child. Amazingly my wife also suffered from Jaundice as a child and she cant donate either---she is a nurse an sees the need for donations.

You set of B@$£@£ds have been making me feel guilty and I was discussing this with the missus last night. I have however had numerous ailment in my childhood.
I was born with jaundice. Why would that rule you out?
Also had glandular fever, scarlet fever, measles, chick pox, & pneumonia.
Would any of the above debar anyone from giving?

Why would some illness from 40+ years ago prevent anyone donating.

Clansman

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cant donate as i had jaundice as a child. Amazingly my wife also suffered from Jaundice as a child and she cant donate either---she is a nurse an sees the need for donations.

Just looked on their website and answered a few questions to see. They only ask if you have had Jaundice in the last 12 months, so I don't see the fact that you had it as a child will affect you giving blood

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Would donate if I was allowed. Been a diabetic since i was 2, so bombed out on that score.

Andy

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
I first gave when I was just legal to do so but had a bit of a bad experience as I weighed about the same as a bag of sugar at the time and took a wee dizzy spell. I think that first donation was heavier than me! I'll have to look into it again. Ken_A's appeal just can't be ignored. Well said, mate.

HartleyHare

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i'm a donor, have been for about 5 years now.
everyone should give it a go as long as they're not barred for medical reasons.
there's no arguments from anyone once they need it and then after that you're not allowed to donate.
get a few in the bank you never now when it could be you making a withdrawal.