A cut! Finally! But how much?

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
Went down to my track last night, intending to have a bounce 18, but discovered there was a midweek medal on.. I haven't handed in a card for a few weeks due to being bereft of confidence in my game and carrying an injury.

Nevertheless, I thought 'what the heck' and went out in the medal. Started poorly, three-putting both the 1st and 2nd holes for a 6-7 start. Unlike before, I didn't dwell on those, and the game suddenly clicked, allowing me to turn in 40, including a birdie at the last.

I wiped the slate clean (I try to play as 2x9s of level 5s) and after racking up a 7 at the par-5 10th (SI12), thanks in part to thinning a wedge through the green into boondai, coupled with water and duff into a greenside bunker which resulted in a 6 at the par-3 13th (SI18, but plays far harder) after a two-try escape, and then dunking one in the pond at the par-4 16th (SI14) and racking up a 7, I parred both 17 and 18 to come in with 45 for a gross 85.

CSS was projected at 70, and with my handicap saw me card a nett 64... enough to top my division, but not enough to secure the main prize on countback. It does though qualify me for the Captain's Trophy next month. :)

I'm out again on Saturday in a competiton, but we're having difficulty getting scores posted through HDiD and results often take a few days to come through, including handicap changes. So, what should I cut myself to for Saturday, in the event that scores might not come through in time from midweek? SSS at my place is 69.

I wouldn't have dreamt of a round like this last month; but it shows what a good lesson and some time on the practice ground putting drills to use can achieve!

I do need a bunker lesson though... losing too many strokes to the sand. :mmm:

joer422

Assistant Pro
Visit site
just talk to someone from hc committee before you play and they will work it out for you. happened a friend of mine today and there was no problem

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
I think your cat 3 so 6 x 0.3 - 1.8'

Current handicap is 20.7, so I think that's CAT4... I worked out 1x 0.4, 5x 0.3 for 1.9 total. Don't think it matters too much; I'd either be 18.9 or 18.8 so playing off 19 regardless. Just wasn't sure whether I'd get stableford adjusted as well.

:thup:

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
HDID is simply a website that your club can post the results to via the Club Systems software they use. This can sometimes not be done for all sorts of reasons (eg they forget!). Just because the comp, or your handicap adjustment isn't shown there doesn't mean the comp hasn't been finished. You say you know you have come top in your div so I assume the results have been published somewhere in the club? If so then the revised handicap should be on this sheet. Most clubs will also update the master handicap list after each comp which also should be on a noticeboard somewhere?? If none of that is done by the next comp then you should really sack the committee :D .

If that really is the case then you should cut yourself by 0.4 for the first shot under SSS (not the predicted CSS) which will take you to category 3, then 0.3 for every other shot, but I doubt it will come to that.

PS Well played btw :)