A change in alignment and consistency achieved.

splashtryagain

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Following not playing (or posting) for a couple of years I got the golf bug again at the Cleveland meet and vowed to get better and get a new handicap. I have struggled hitting the ball as I wish to for the time since then until last night when I checked my alignment - needless to say it was miles out. I adjusted accordingly and now the same swing is treated with a soft fade that goes where I want it to😉 i have only ever hit a draw and this is hooky so this is a shock. My driving was great, hitting 7 out of 9 fairways and averaging 280yds, has anyone else seen stark differences in their game since changing alignment?

I've just got to get my 3 cards in to back on the trail now...

D

Deleted member 16999

I started the season very well then had a small down turn with a run of six 0.1's, had a chat with the pro who noticed my alignment was way out, brought me back on track and on saturday had my best ever score in a monthly medal and a decent cut.
Sometimes I think small errors creep in over time and we don't notice them and then actually compound them into our routine.
Glad to hear you've got the bug again.

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Its scary how far off alignment can get, recently I've noticed the main reason my chipping has been horrendous is that I am aiming WAY right (at least with the feet and shoulders)