Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Negative

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been struggling with the game recently , 9 comps = 9x .1 to take me up to 8.5 (9)

Out today in the heavy rain make the turn in -1 (24pts) ,

scratch 10 , birdie 11 , par 12 & 13 ... 33pts

Finished with 37

5 on par 3 14 no shot

3 putt 15 for a 5 1point

3 putt 16 (index 1) for 1 point

Scratch 17 (index (3) 0 pt

Par last 2pts

I reckon I blew it and its annoying d life outa me ( golf usually doesn't bother me) but its first comp with no .1 this year ..

So ye tell me please & thanks

Last edited:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Big positive. I haven't played to within 5 of my handicap in a comp for 2 years. I'd be crying tears of joy for that score. Man up and take it as it is :D

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Entirely up to you I would have thought.

You could look at it this way, by not having a .1, you have turned the tanker to a new course.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
You blew what could have been a great score but still made a good score.

Imagine the two nines were the other way round, you'd be cock-a-hoop. :)

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Big positive. I haven't played to within 5 of my handicap in a comp for 2 years. I'd be crying tears of joy for that score. Man up and take it as it is :D
Thanks Danny :angry:I see you've given up the thought of counselling as a job ha ha :D

Entirely up to you I would have thought.

You could look at it this way, by not having a .1, you have turned the tanker to a new course.
Thanks Iain , trying to see positive but know I blew it coming in, conditions bad but its like a switch turned off :confused:

I'd shoot yourself.........

It's both Bill.
Great front 9 , poor back 9.
Take heart, be racked off.....

Ha ha the voice of reason ,
Thanks Ian , ur last line is perfect summation I think mate

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Similar to me, right down to the procession of 0.1s taking you back to 9. Was out in +1 today and came in +8 but the back 9 was in a downpour. Managed to hold on for a wee cut and I'm choosing to look at it positively due to the weather.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Similar to me, right down to the procession of 0.1s taking you back to 9. Was out in +1 today and came in +8 but the back 9 was in a downpour. Managed to hold on for a wee cut and I'm choosing to look at it positively due to the weather.

37 will see me buffer , first one of the yr so think il TRY see it as a positive , as Crow said if it was other way round id be buzzing

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Take it as a positive pal..
I've been similar over the past few weeks.
Took a nice drop to 4.8 and currently sit at 5.5 after 7 0.1's.
Been beating myself up about it as I've shot 3 gross 73's and a couple of 76's.
And have all but played myself off our Snr and Jnr Cup and Barton Shield teams as I'm just not shooting consistent scores to warrant a pick..
And the bad ones have been in the 80's.
My swing hasn't been good enough as it was sprayed tee shots that were causing the big numbers but I've went back to my swing from last year ala Jason dufner copied posture and swing and I hit the ball so much better and get into better positions in the swing as well and I'm starting to find my way back again.
The problem with it though is that I'm so relaxed with the swing it's tension free but now I struggle with the scoring clubs.
I had my distances down with them but with this swing I never worry about positions which is a good thing when hitting anything lower than a 9 iron but with wedges it's hard to stop at certain points in the backswing to control my distance.
I now need to figure something out for that and get back to practicing the short game and putting as I've been neglecting it a little.

Take the positive out of your round today as I know what crap you played in. It was the same in Clare this morning.
37 points in that is good scoring regardless of H/Cap. 😉

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Take it as a positive pal..
I've been similar over the past few weeks.
Took a nice drop to 4.8 and currently sit at 5.5 after 7 0.1's.
Been beating myself up about it as I've shot 3 gross 73's and a couple of 76's.
And have all but played myself off our Snr and Jnr Cup and Barton Shield teams as I'm just not shooting consistent scores to warrant a pick..
And the bad ones have been in the 80's.
My swing hasn't been good enough as it was sprayed tee shots that were causing the big numbers but I've went back to my swing from last year ala Jason dufner copied posture and swing and I hit the ball so much better and get into better positions in the swing as well and I'm starting to find my way back again.
The problem with it though is that I'm so relaxed with the swing it's tension free but now I struggle with the scoring clubs.
I had my distances down with them but with this swing I never worry about positions which is a good thing when hitting anything lower than a 9 iron but with wedges it's hard to stop at certain points in the backswing to control my distance.
I now need to figure something out for that and get back to practicing the short game and putting as I've been neglecting it a little.

Take the positive out of your round today as I know what crap you played in. It was the same in Clare this morning.
37 points in that is good scoring regardless of H/Cap. 

Thanks Mike yea if id shot an 18-19 37 I prob woulda been content enough -1 thru 9 , 6 on the 10th for scratch , the birdie 2 with a shot on 11 ,
Possibly just got ahead of myself ,..

Youl get back there mate , u know what it takes to..

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks Mike yea if id shot an 18-19 37 I prob woulda been content enough -1 thru 9 , 6 on the 10th for scratch , the birdie 2 with a shot on 11 ,
Possibly just got ahead of myself ,..

Youl get back there mate , u know what it takes to..

It happens me at times Bill.
You just come out of that bubble in the present situation and just maybe slip up somewhere in the routine a bit.. I know that's what happens to me. Down to the smallest thing like addressing the ball and not quite feeling right over it but saying to yourself in your head "Ah sure it'll be fine". Instead of walking off it and going back through the routine again until you feel right.
It's all a learning curve.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Definitely a positive. When you haven't been in that position for a while closing it out is tough but you should take heart from the fact you got there :thup: